2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
2nd Owner
By markgt350 on 09/05/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have always purchased low mile cars. When I purchased my CLK in September of 2009 from a So Cal MB it had 40K miles. In less than 2 years I added another 46K miles. I have had no issues with the car until. Unfortuneately the car was recently involved in an accident that left it totaled. I have had little luck locating a replacement w/low miles. I will continue my hunt.

Great til something breaks!
By Brigittetolson on 03/08/10 14:33 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

When I first got Heidi (yes, I named my clk430 Heidi), I was in love. The way this car takes turns, accelerates, and performs overall is amazing. Then, at a mere 77,000 miles- stuff started to break...the convertible top computer went out all the time, and eventually died (1400$ part), the cats needed to be replaced (1000$)...then after all that, the trans started slipping...after getting multiple quotes to fix all the problems and replace the trans, I was looking at about 5000$ worth of repairs. I made the choice to trade her in for the Lamborghini inspired Toyota mr2 spyder. The opinion of many mechanics was that the clks trans tends to die at 80k miles. Way too soon in my opinion.

Speedy and Classy
By Corey Foreside on 09/18/09 23:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My dad got this car earlier this year and I think it's quite ugly. But, the performance is superb. It is also very well made and fun to drive, as well as comfortable.

Still gets looks
By catscann2004 on 02/06/09 14:18 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Mercedes I've purchased. I will not settle for less (I since purchased an M-Class then an R-Class for my wife). The handling is great and the top is easy to work (the next year Mercedes make the top fully automatic). I would recommend the CLK to any person that enjoys the being out and about. The trips to Las Vegas make this ride a must! Just wish that bluetooth was readily available in 2002.

Rag top in the snow belt
By Skaneateles, NY on 06/28/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A great year-round car. With snows on in winter drivability is excellent - we get 100" of snow a year. The top is very well insulated & quiet. On any sunny day above 55 degrees I have the top down. The wind screen does a great job of keeping the cabin serene and the heated seats keep you warm, that way you can focus on the excellent exhaust note. Mileage is good at 24MPG and 27MPG highway. This is a cruiser-not a sports car. Performance is adequate, not stellar. High speed cruising is addictive and one can blast to high speed and beyond without realizing it, even with the top down - It's that well designed. I targeted this car specifically over the new model as this one is designed by Bruno Sacco.

A great car to drive
By Carl C. on 03/31/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've had convertibles for the last 30 years. This is by far the most fun to drive. The trunk is very small, but who cares. If you have golf clubs, throw them in the back seat. However, as other people have noted, the electrical systems leave a lot to be desired.

Reviews are all over the map!
By E Versace on 12/18/07 22:20 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used in 2006. It had about 41000 miles on it.It was a great car and the first owner really took care of it. I didn't purchase the extended warranty. The first year I drove it was great. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, people will turn their heads to see who is driving this car. I picked this car for the sleek yet muscular body style that the newer models do not have. My best friend went online after I got this car and purchased a certified MB CLK 430 as well, but he failed to realize that the heated seats and halogen headlights weren't standard. The power of the 430 is amazing and often found myself flooring the gas pedal to feel the G force push lay me back.

AMG Rocket!
By John Campen on 11/06/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2002 CLK55 AMG in April 2006 with 30,000 miles only on it! Paid $42,500. Can't beat the power nor the handling its incredible! Why go out and buy an new M3 or CLS when you cant get one of these for a fraction of the price. 0-60 in 4.7! The looks are stunning and it catch's everyone's attention when you step on it!

Bonnie's CLK
By BONNIE on 07/29/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Car seems to have tire or rim issues. Tires do not hold air on AMG type low profile rims.Top button and window buttons have issues. Ride is rough on long trips. Very hot with black top, seats, and exterior.

I Love My Benz!
By BenzDriver1122 on 06/12/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK320 after looking at the 300 series BMWs, the "baby Lincoln", and a '99 CLK. I have never regretted my decision to go ahead and buy (at a non-discounted price!). I drive R/T either DC-Bowling Green (KY), Bowling Green-Louisville, Bowling Green-Chicago, or Bowling Green-Jacksonville (FL) at least once a month and enjoy every mile. If I could change one thing with my CLK, it would be to incorporate a CD/tape player with the CD holder in the trunk. I have found 2 minor annoyances: one with the light electrical system...I've had four blown bulbs in 4 years. The other is the rear window screen. Over time it does not retract properly. A happy CLK driver.