2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: Total Happiness in Virginia

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Review

Total Happiness in Virginia
By David B. Bolt on

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All-around great car, love the handling, and the awesome power is out of this world. It's my first Mercedes and if all keeps going well it won't be my last. Love the wide Terrelli tires, they really grip the road. Love the inteior and easy access to all controls. A CD changer in the dash would be a plus instead of the trunk. Love it when the car turns admiring heads on the open highway. It has quite an appetite for the gas, but the superb handling and overall fun of driving it supercedes that negative. Impressed with the roomy back seat and large trunk space. Overall thumbs up, thank you Mercedes.

Easy touch controls and smooth handling. Love the comfortable power seats. I've always liked the Mercedes emblem on the hood. The heated seats are nice in the cold northeast. The car hugs turns like it's on a rail system. Bose stereo is awesome.

At 39,000 miles the power controls on the passenger seat broke. I believe 2 windshield wipers would be a huge improvement. Placing the CD changer in the dash instead of the trunk would be a big plus.