2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Wife's tiger
By bruceb on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is actually a review of my wife's 2002 430CLK. IT was the 1st red 2002 imported into the US. She loves it and gets great compliments from her girl friends. She too has had the window problem; apparently this is very common. Dealer replaced both sensors and no more problems. Only real negative - road noise is terrible but tolerable. Not like a Lexus or E430. Gas mileage is also poor - not as good as sticker. Otherwise, great car!

Why drive 55?
By fourriders on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I'll tell you why, because it flat out blows the doors off of everything offered by BMW, and most of the other pseudo-sports cars out there. Perfect handling, face pulling acceleration, drop dead looks, put this car in a class all its own. Seats conform to your shape by controlled air bladder, leather is of the finest quality. This car can quickly move from being an in your face - burn the tires off street racer, to becoming the very essence of a sophisticated elegant example of what a fine automobile should look and handle like.

Not what I was expecting
By Jac on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of electrical and electronic problems. Everytime the dealership repaired one problem they seemed to create (2). Example on 3rd attempt to get auto-up feature on window to stop dropping the window down, they pulled the door panel and found corrosion.Replaced window parts. Obviously the lost power to vital areas and scrambled all the memory features, mirror controls,etc. Back to the dealership for another week. Replaced windshield and damaged exterior and interior trim pieces. So many problems I don't remember them all.

BMW M KILLER
By gregtorres on 03/08/02 18:28 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

My CLK 55 reminds me of the muscle cars of the 70's but with the finesse and practicality of the 21st century. This car may be driven as a family car but when needed, the 380 LB/FT of torque will launch you into a neck snapping experience. I have managed to trash BMW M3'S as well as a few Porsches. The car was built so well balanced that the AMG massaged engine fits well with the chassis and suspension of the whole package. I believe I have found the perfect supercar for todays needs

Elegant & Sporty
By BarkCLK on 03/02/02 23:00 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK is quick and nimble but feels so comfortable and smooth while cruising. It's solid feel and construction makes me feel very safe and it's style is classical sporty elegance. It's just beautiful all around.