Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Total Happiness in Virginia
By David B. Bolt

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All-around great car, love the handling, and the awesome power is out of this world. It's my first Mercedes and if all keeps going well it won't be my last. Love the wide Terrelli tires, they really grip the road. Love the inteior and easy access to all controls. A CD changer in the dash would be a plus instead of the trunk. Love it when the car turns admiring heads on the open highway. It has quite an appetite for the gas, but the superb handling and overall fun of driving it supercedes that negative. Impressed with the roomy back seat and large trunk space. Overall thumbs up, thank you Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Easy touch controls and smooth handling. Love the comfortable power seats. I've always liked the Mercedes emblem on the hood. The heated seats are nice in the cold northeast. The car hugs turns like it's on a rail system. Bose stereo is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

At 39,000 miles the power controls on the passenger seat broke. I believe 2 windshield wipers would be a huge improvement. Placing the CD changer in the dash instead of the trunk would be a big plus.

Top Down, Fast Fun
By Bnatt4321

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is great. I decided it was time to have a convertible again and this CLK430 has not disppointed. The performance is incredible (although it does drink the gasoline) and it has been very reliable. The ride is very tight and taking corners at speed is like riding on rails. Two downers about this car: 1st: unless you must have NAV, don't bother as the screen is very small and it's not very user friendly. 2nd: beware of parking lot curbs as they like to eat up your front spoiler. With that said I bought the car with 40K miles on it and now have 55K. It has been a true pleasure to own and great fun. I am very pleased with this Mercedes.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable, especially when taking long trips on the interstate. The audio system is phenomenal and provides crystal clear sound even at highway speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system needs improvement and front spoiler needs a re-design as it is too low to the ground.

Fun in the Sun
By Olav

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my little drop top. Zippy and easy to park. Fun to drive and extrememly comfortable. The dealership has been very helpful w/ regular services and on of the rear windows had to be replaced due to mechanical problems. The car is getting older now and I will truely miss it. With this car your not just happy driving it but also standing in a traffic jam is no problem thanks to the great sound of BOSE. I love it.

Favorite Features

Performance and sound system. Top down a must in southern CA

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder, trunk light and CD changer in trunk needs to be moved into the car. In-dash CD player would be nice as well. Limited vision when driving backwards.

Awesome!
By br2121

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes-Benz CLK55. It has awesome power, ,handles like a champ, but still has a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

power, braking, handling, the whole package. SUPER FUN TO DRIVE.

Suggested Improvements

My CLKK has squeaky seats. Also, there is not any 12 volt outlet for cell phone charger. (has a cigarette lighter but it doesn't charge as well as an outlet.)

Fun
By lka

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I was worried that i'd never use the rag top, but was i wrong. Top is down 90% of the time. Plenty of room for my little ones (they keep coats in the car for when it's cold). very quiet when top is up and freeway driving. excellent gas mileage while on freeway. great features. fantastic power. wish i had the nav system. Also, hard to find cell phones (other than from dealer $$$$$$) with integrated system. my wife even loves driving now.