2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Top Down, Fast Fun
By Bnatt4321 on 07/30/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is great. I decided it was time to have a convertible again and this CLK430 has not disppointed. The performance is incredible (although it does drink the gasoline) and it has been very reliable. The ride is very tight and taking corners at speed is like riding on rails. Two downers about this car: 1st: unless you must have NAV, don't bother as the screen is very small and it's not very user friendly. 2nd: beware of parking lot curbs as they like to eat up your front spoiler. With that said I bought the car with 40K miles on it and now have 55K. It has been a true pleasure to own and great fun. I am very pleased with this Mercedes.

Fun in the Sun
By Olav on 04/21/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my little drop top. Zippy and easy to park. Fun to drive and extrememly comfortable. The dealership has been very helpful w/ regular services and on of the rear windows had to be replaced due to mechanical problems. The car is getting older now and I will truely miss it. With this car your not just happy driving it but also standing in a traffic jam is no problem thanks to the great sound of BOSE. I love it.

Fun
By lka on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I was worried that i'd never use the rag top, but was i wrong. Top is down 90% of the time. Plenty of room for my little ones (they keep coats in the car for when it's cold). very quiet when top is up and freeway driving. excellent gas mileage while on freeway. great features. fantastic power. wish i had the nav system. Also, hard to find cell phones (other than from dealer $$$$$$) with integrated system. my wife even loves driving now.

My red CLK Cabrio
By johnsecter on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Mercedes and I love it. The back seat is large enough for the kids to ride in but you do have to move the front seats up. The handling is outstanding. My combined gas mileage is around 25 mpg.The sound system (Bose) is unbelievable. I recommend it to everyone.

not again
By stuf on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This auto has fantastic styling and engineering yet lacks reliability. The electrical system has had several problems since I reached mile 16. I have had the instrument cluster replaced 6 times for malfunctions. The automatic windows have been reset or replaced 9 times. The best attribute of this auto has been the great gas mileage 23/30.

clk 320
By dggssmn on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great fun to drive, great fun to look at. enjoy everything about this car. have had 1 minor problem that the dealership is more than cooperative on.

There is nothing else like it !
By cmm on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had absolutely no problems with it, except someone felt they needed my hood ornament more than I did. Replacement cost was 7 bucks and they've got boxes at the dealership. As for the window dropping on the auto up problem, I called the 1-800 # and they walked me thru a how to correct it with window button. It's actually a choice.

CLK
By jpk on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Classy, compact, powerful, surprisingly economical around town and on the road; solid build quality, no cowl shake, voice-activated phone and stereo/CD controls a treat; a great road car, eats up the miles in perfect security with predictable handling

Stay away
By Moe Kabiri on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The car was in shop in total for over two months out of 18 months we owned it. Do not buy the convertible. It is a major problem car. You name the problem the car has it. Some of Crysler's technolgy has managed to slip in the CLK.