Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Fun in the Sun
By Olav

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my little drop top. Zippy and easy to park. Fun to drive and extrememly comfortable. The dealership has been very helpful w/ regular services and on of the rear windows had to be replaced due to mechanical problems. The car is getting older now and I will truely miss it. With this car your not just happy driving it but also standing in a traffic jam is no problem thanks to the great sound of BOSE. I love it.

Favorite Features

Performance and sound system. Top down a must in southern CA

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder, trunk light and CD changer in trunk needs to be moved into the car. In-dash CD player would be nice as well. Limited vision when driving backwards.

My red CLK Cabrio
By johnsecter

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Mercedes and I love it. The back seat is large enough for the kids to ride in but you do have to move the front seats up. The handling is outstanding. My combined gas mileage is around 25 mpg.The sound system (Bose) is unbelievable. I recommend it to everyone.

Favorite Features

The styling and handling are my favorite features,

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint-Even though I have done everything for the finish-by the book-I still have some fine swirl marks.

not again
By stuf

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This auto has fantastic styling and engineering yet lacks reliability. The electrical system has had several problems since I reached mile 16. I have had the instrument cluster replaced 6 times for malfunctions. The automatic windows have been reset or replaced 9 times. The best attribute of this auto has been the great gas mileage 23/30.

Favorite Features

The styling and engine reliabilty has been enjoyed

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seating would be enjoyed for those who have a commute.

clk 320
By dggssmn

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

great fun to drive, great fun to look at. enjoy everything about this car. have had 1 minor problem that the dealership is more than cooperative on.

Favorite Features

style inside and out, fun and easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

keep working on reliability although great 4yr/50000mi warranty

There is nothing else like it !
By cmm

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have had absolutely no problems with it, except someone felt they needed my hood ornament more than I did. Replacement cost was 7 bucks and they've got boxes at the dealership. As for the window dropping on the auto up problem, I called the 1-800 # and they walked me thru a how to correct it with window button. It's actually a choice.

Favorite Features

Style, the front headlights I prefer over the new 2003 redesign. Size, it fits the candy bandits in the back and when they're not with you the wind block screen works great Motor, the 320 is enough for me and if I need to get it and go I'll use the tiptronic.

Suggested Improvements

Already in the 2003 redesign the hood ornament drops into the grill (more sport than sedan) and the in dash CD player