2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
MY Mercedes
By naiyly on 01/31/10 08:19 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes....it is sporty and sleek handles beautiful...It drives fast and is built solid. It has a nice interior..and I wont drive anything other than a Mercedes C320.

Love my little 320
By brittany on 02/23/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car! I get a lot of compliments on it and heads do turn. I would've liked the newer body style but I can't complain with this one. I bought it used and it's very clean.

Love my CLK 430
By Travis on 05/06/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved my CLK 430 coupe since day #1. It always puts a smile on my face and is great to drive, especially on the open road. The updated styling for 2001 still looks great and I think, better than the current, slimmer model. Despite some small nuisance repairs, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a solid, sporty car to drive in the city or on the highway.

430 Coupe
By hts06 on 02/22/07 12:44 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All in all I have to say that the Mercedes is a good car. Bought it used with 49k and the light bulb inside the speedometer went out, was $200 to replace. The pixels in the speedometer that show the gear and the temperature and the time started fading out. I have the extended Starmark warranty on it so I didn't pay a dime and they replaced the speedometer entirely and threw in the bulb for free! Car handles amazingly, not horrible on gas for a V8 (15-17mpg) Great acceleration, great handling, would definitely only recommed if you buy with warranty, otherwise the maintenance is not worth it $800 recommended maintenance services are a bit pricey every few thousand miles

Dream Car or Not?
By Sharon on 08/11/06 12:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK320 drives like the dream I always thought Mercedes to be! This is my first Mercedes owenership experience. My main frustration has been the constant back and forth to the dealer for repairs! I have had to replace the catalytic converter 3 times in just over 2 years of ownership. Various sensors have also failed and needed replacement. I've wondered about the wisdom of purchasing another Benz. Still, when the car is not in the shop it's nice to tool around in!

Total Happiness in Virginia
By David B. Bolt on 08/10/06 16:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All-around great car, love the handling, and the awesome power is out of this world. It's my first Mercedes and if all keeps going well it won't be my last. Love the wide Terrelli tires, they really grip the road. Love the inteior and easy access to all controls. A CD changer in the dash would be a plus instead of the trunk. Love it when the car turns admiring heads on the open highway. It has quite an appetite for the gas, but the superb handling and overall fun of driving it supercedes that negative. Impressed with the roomy back seat and large trunk space. Overall thumbs up, thank you Mercedes.

Top Down, Fast Fun
By Bnatt4321 on 07/30/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is great. I decided it was time to have a convertible again and this CLK430 has not disppointed. The performance is incredible (although it does drink the gasoline) and it has been very reliable. The ride is very tight and taking corners at speed is like riding on rails. Two downers about this car: 1st: unless you must have NAV, don't bother as the screen is very small and it's not very user friendly. 2nd: beware of parking lot curbs as they like to eat up your front spoiler. With that said I bought the car with 40K miles on it and now have 55K. It has been a true pleasure to own and great fun. I am very pleased with this Mercedes.

Fun in the Sun
By Olav on 04/21/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my little drop top. Zippy and easy to park. Fun to drive and extrememly comfortable. The dealership has been very helpful w/ regular services and on of the rear windows had to be replaced due to mechanical problems. The car is getting older now and I will truely miss it. With this car your not just happy driving it but also standing in a traffic jam is no problem thanks to the great sound of BOSE. I love it.

Awesome!
By br2121 on 11/10/04 02:48 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes-Benz CLK55. It has awesome power, ,handles like a champ, but still has a comfortable ride.

Fun
By lka on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I was worried that i'd never use the rag top, but was i wrong. Top is down 90% of the time. Plenty of room for my little ones (they keep coats in the car for when it's cold). very quiet when top is up and freeway driving. excellent gas mileage while on freeway. great features. fantastic power. wish i had the nav system. Also, hard to find cell phones (other than from dealer $$$$$$) with integrated system. my wife even loves driving now.