Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

MY Mercedes
By naiyly

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes....it is sporty and sleek handles beautiful...It drives fast and is built solid. It has a nice interior..and I wont drive anything other than a Mercedes C320.

The reliability and how it handles.

It needs a CD player.

Love my little 320
By brittany

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car! I get a lot of compliments on it and heads do turn. I would've liked the newer body style but I can't complain with this one. I bought it used and it's very clean.

I like to use the digital speedometer rather than the normal one. The sunroof is so quiet!

I hate the cup holders.

Love my CLK 430
By Travis

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved my CLK 430 coupe since day #1. It always puts a smile on my face and is great to drive, especially on the open road. The updated styling for 2001 still looks great and I think, better than the current, slimmer model. Despite some small nuisance repairs, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a solid, sporty car to drive in the city or on the highway.

Styling, power, and handling. Comfort on moderate length drives. One drive at a good clip and you'll be sold.

The exterior paint chips pretty easily on highway trips. The front end fascia is too low and catches on curbs very easily ($1,500 to fix). The CD changer skips easily and the front seat cup holder is pretty weak. The wiper blade isn't the best either. Only minor issues in 7 years owned.

430 Coupe
By hts06

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All in all I have to say that the Mercedes is a good car. Bought it used with 49k and the light bulb inside the speedometer went out, was $200 to replace. The pixels in the speedometer that show the gear and the temperature and the time started fading out. I have the extended Starmark warranty on it so I didn't pay a dime and they replaced the speedometer entirely and threw in the bulb for free! Car handles amazingly, not horrible on gas for a V8 (15-17mpg) Great acceleration, great handling, would definitely only recommed if you buy with warranty, otherwise the maintenance is not worth it $800 recommended maintenance services are a bit pricey every few thousand miles

Rear sunshade is awesome for sunny days. Bose sound system is OK not he greatest. Staggered rims are hot. ESP makes the handling impeccible

Hopefully some day MB will stop making cars so that they can break and charge customers an arm and a leg. Free maintenance while under 4yr/50k warranty like BMW would be good

Dream Car or Not?
By Sharon

2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK320 drives like the dream I always thought Mercedes to be! This is my first Mercedes owenership experience. My main frustration has been the constant back and forth to the dealer for repairs! I have had to replace the catalytic converter 3 times in just over 2 years of ownership. Various sensors have also failed and needed replacement. I've wondered about the wisdom of purchasing another Benz. Still, when the car is not in the shop it's nice to tool around in!

Heated seats. Ability to program seat positions and store in memory. Love the bright headlights and fog lamps. The Service Indicator/Reminder is also very helpful.

Side mirrors that tilt downward when reversing.