2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: My first Mercedes is a winner

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Review

CLK320 Coupe (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

My first Mercedes is a winner
By cfreema7 on

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

Very stylish and great performance. This is my first MB, a used CLK320. I like the power. Moving from a BMW 525, this car moves like lightning. I was a little disappointed in the 22 mpg city/freeway I was getting, compared to the 26 I got in the BMW, and the 28mpg advertised. The cockpit is a nice fit. The cup holders are awkward when open and the glove comparment can be used for just that - and nothing else. But putting the top down, this car moves like the wind and I get plenty of compliments. One handed convertible process is ok. The V6 out drags anything it comes against, and the suspension tracks perfectly through 30 mph U-turns. I'm sold and looking forward to my first CLK55.

Stereo, handling, performance, top down driving, looks. Overall design

Seats are a snug racing fit. Fine for racing, but not around town driving. Move cup holders so cups not in the way of shifter. Single-push button top would be great instead of having to hold the button.