2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
transmission
By emughlee10 on 01/26/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my Clk430 coupe for 5k and absolutely love the style the interior and exterior ..but i have been having problems out of the transmission..slip codes it acts like it doesnt want to shift right? so i am stuck between crossing my fingers and getting it fixed..or getting something else i really love this car and i am going to hate giving it up..but i am scared i will get it fixed and other problems will occur lol..someone please help!):

110, 000 Miles and Very Solid
By Rant on 11/23/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

I have this car for 3 years and is very solid. Lot of power and still feels like new. I highly recommend this car. 110,000 Miles and no issues. I use it on daily basis for everything. Mercedes benz road assistant said the CLK class is the most reliable of all Mercedes and I agree with it. For a V8 23 mpg is really good.

What a car!
By GregT on 11/19/08 05:51 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

I bought this with 95k miles for about $14k. Now it has 135k. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, safe (a deer hit me and almost no damage), quiet and comfortable. I love it. From what I have read that other Benz' are not as good. One thing to beware of. This is a benz and they are not cheap to maintain.

Excellence!
By clk320 on 05/14/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

After owning the car for a few months I have come to enjoy it greatly. When I first got it I was immediately impressed with everything, but a stage of uncertainty came with minor glitches that were cheap and easy fixes (surprising little for a car with 110k miles on it). You will notice the laggish pickup from 0-20 but from 20 on up the acceleration is incredible. Suspension is top notch creating a very smooth ride and aggressive performance. Taking it around the curves is joyful and you cant take it too fast. Very nice bose speaker system. Lots of built in extras are fun and entertaining. It will make it through the snow but not well. Built very well, its a heavy car and feels very safe.

Not a fine wine...
By okedoke on 06/30/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used with 104K miles for my kid as I wanted her in a mini tank, along with traction and stab control, side airbags, etc. Just my luck, had to fix almost everything - brakes, rear deck leak, amplifiers, blown speakers, rear antenna, ball joints, dashboard digital metrics (outside temp, gear display, etc) shot, intermit wiper, etc. I think it also just sprung a leak somewhere up front on the passenger side, and I think I just lost the driver rear wheel bearings. I've owned late model American and Asian based cars that never experienced as many problems as this little gem? Also - Bose radio sounds like crud, lots of static.

My Favorite Car
By Dave C. on 09/21/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

I have owned a LOT of cars (3 Mercedes) and this is my favorite out of all of them. I love the styling; it seems timeless. Exterior proportions are perfect, and quality is excellent. The interior is laid out perfectly, and the workmanship is Mercedes (i.e. the very best.) Handling is excellent, though a little heavy at low speeds. This car loves high speed cruising. The engine is super. Transmission is the best I have ever driven. Brakes & suspension are very good. Amazing sound system. So far, I have no unexpected maintenance issues (130K miles), but I am using a very small amount of oil. Not uncommon for mileage. Fuel consumption amazing: 31mpg highway, 26-27 average. Zero complaints.

I Love This Car
By Jim A on 07/01/05 17:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

I'll never need another car. I've had this car for years, and never thought I'd like any car this much. I look at other cars, and aside from the CLK55, there is nothing else interesting, including the new body style with the flattened out belt line! Mine just turned over 120k (100k under my foot) and still runs like the day I bought it. I've never babied it, and it consistently performs. Mine's magma red, and when my friends call me snooty, I just tell them it's a Camaro SS for the over 40 set. They're just jealous. You should buy one, too!

My best investment yet!
By V Man on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

This is an outstanding car. I've had no problems with it. The ride is so smooth that I find myself constatly having to check the speedometer to see just how fast I'm going due to being blown away by the smooth ride. For a 2000 model, it's awesome!

Mercedes CLK 320
By Brian Yates on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

Great sound system and steering wheel computer display very convenient.

Nice drive
By carson on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

This is a very luxurious sporty car and fun to drive. It will get you a lot of looks. It is very comfortable and the amenities are very useful and well positioned. The throttle lag takes a bit of getting used to and the car feels a bit heavy. However the V8 is generally smooth and sounds great. The AMG55 might be just the ticket but for pure driving pleasure I would pick a slightly smaller / lighter body.