Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

transmission
By emughlee10

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my Clk430 coupe for 5k and absolutely love the style the interior and exterior ..but i have been having problems out of the transmission..slip codes it acts like it doesnt want to shift right? so i am stuck between crossing my fingers and getting it fixed..or getting something else i really love this car and i am going to hate giving it up..but i am scared i will get it fixed and other problems will occur lol..someone please help!):

110, 000 Miles and Very Solid
By Rant

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

I have this car for 3 years and is very solid. Lot of power and still feels like new. I highly recommend this car. 110,000 Miles and no issues. I use it on daily basis for everything. Mercedes benz road assistant said the CLK class is the most reliable of all Mercedes and I agree with it. For a V8 23 mpg is really good.

Brakes, Style, Engine and fun to drive, Wife loves it.

Cup holder, GPS

What a car!
By GregT

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

I bought this with 95k miles for about $14k. Now it has 135k. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, safe (a deer hit me and almost no damage), quiet and comfortable. I love it. From what I have read that other Benz' are not as good. One thing to beware of. This is a benz and they are not cheap to maintain.

Speed at 70 mph. You step on the gas and you get to high speed in seconds. You really gotta watch.

Make the rest of the benz line as good as this one. I have been toying with getting an ML but have not read much good about them.

Excellence!
By clk320

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

After owning the car for a few months I have come to enjoy it greatly. When I first got it I was immediately impressed with everything, but a stage of uncertainty came with minor glitches that were cheap and easy fixes (surprising little for a car with 110k miles on it). You will notice the laggish pickup from 0-20 but from 20 on up the acceleration is incredible. Suspension is top notch creating a very smooth ride and aggressive performance. Taking it around the curves is joyful and you cant take it too fast. Very nice bose speaker system. Lots of built in extras are fun and entertaining. It will make it through the snow but not well. Built very well, its a heavy car and feels very safe.

Timeless beauty, acceleration, suspension, quick car response, steering wheel buttons, comfortable seats, nice instrumentation, buttons are easy to find while driving, automatic windshield wiper, rear sunshade, xenon lights, turning radius, key design, roll up/down windows with key, cd changer

Cup holder is awkward. Rear seat is small if the person in front is tall, but will hold 4 average sized people comfortably. No mids control for the stereo just treble and bass. You have to wait for the RPMs to drop to 900 before it will go into gear - takes only a second - but annoying

Not a fine wine...
By okedoke

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used with 104K miles for my kid as I wanted her in a mini tank, along with traction and stab control, side airbags, etc. Just my luck, had to fix almost everything - brakes, rear deck leak, amplifiers, blown speakers, rear antenna, ball joints, dashboard digital metrics (outside temp, gear display, etc) shot, intermit wiper, etc. I think it also just sprung a leak somewhere up front on the passenger side, and I think I just lost the driver rear wheel bearings. I've owned late model American and Asian based cars that never experienced as many problems as this little gem? Also - Bose radio sounds like crud, lots of static.

Been a while since owning a rear wheel pusher. Car handles well, has pretty good pick up even with 106K miles on it and a v6, gets OK mileage at around 23 mpg average.

I think the car is over engineered.