2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet on 04/01/13 12:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles . It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works. I owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke like this Mercedes. The transmission, convertible top pump, computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

Only a Mercedes will do!
By Maxi on 08/10/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

I just brought a 2000 CLK & I feel like I brought a brand new convertible. I have a ML320 SUV but wanted a 2nd car & have looked at other brand new 08 convertibles that I could have brought for a little more money, however, I would not have gotten the same satisfaction I get out of driving & looking at my Mercedes. It's a head turner everywhere I go. I am the envy of all my friends. I told them that when I turned 50 I was going to get a Mercedes convertible. They laughed because they don't realize that even an older Mercedes is always a classic & you can get them in mint condition. "O'Lordy thank you for buying me another Mercedes Benz.

Wunderbar
By Mikel on 10/31/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

Love this little red conv. turns heads even at 7. Tires wear fast, some small electronic issues, mostly a nusance

My first Mercedes is a winner
By cfreema7 on 07/06/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

Very stylish and great performance. This is my first MB, a used CLK320. I like the power. Moving from a BMW 525, this car moves like lightning. I was a little disappointed in the 22 mpg city/freeway I was getting, compared to the 26 I got in the BMW, and the 28mpg advertised. The cockpit is a nice fit. The cup holders are awkward when open and the glove comparment can be used for just that - and nothing else. But putting the top down, this car moves like the wind and I get plenty of compliments. One handed convertible process is ok. The V6 out drags anything it comes against, and the suspension tracks perfectly through 30 mph U-turns. I'm sold and looking forward to my first CLK55.

A satisfied CLK owner...
By Kevin on 04/20/05 23:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

I feel very safe in the CLK320. I've owned the car for 5 years and have approx 63,000 kms on it. My family of three fits well in the car. I am 6'2" and I have my seat all the way back, which makes it easy to reach back and put my young daughter's seatbelt on. As she grows into her teens, we will probably go to the S class sedan.

CLK 320
By LARRY S on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

OVERALL PRETTY GOOD A LITTLE SLOW IN THE PICK UP FROM STOP

Love This Car
By appeal2 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with 2500 miles on it back in summer of 2000. I put on another 26000 miles the past two summers. The car is a classic. Mine came loaded with nav, orthopoedic seats, xenons and cd changer. It rides like a dream. The brakes are the best of any car I have ever owned. Stopping from 60-0 seems to take place in about 105 feet. It eats front tires in about 16k miles. Gas mileage comes in about 18-21. Its pretty peppy, 0-60 in 7.4+. Engine has a nice growl when accelerating. Taking down the top is easy but not one touch. Sound system could be better, but is adequate. Doesn't matter when you're doing triple digits with the top down.

Love it!
By Marti S. on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

This is my third Mercedes - I've been driving them for 20 years. This car is a dream to drive and a real head turner. It odesn't get much better than this!

Luv My Mercedes
By Jay Cutler on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

Still gets praise for its beauty whenever its getting gas or valet parked. Only complaint is the occasional over bumps' squeaks, coming from I suspect the convertible top and how it locks onto the frame (my wife insists the noise is from the dashboard). The car is still a dream and even my most obese non front seat passenger doesn't complain about room in the back . In fact it can take two not so big people fairly comfortably in the rear seat.

A Canadian view on a CLK320 convertible
By Canadian Summer on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

The car cruises so well on the highway as I head west to Banff and Lake Louise. It is very quiet and handles so well, and it turns heads in the city. I have had the car for almost 3 and a half years and I drive it year round, even through our Canadian winters. The top is so well insulated that you have to remind yourself that you are in a convertible. With the top down, I have people at the cross walks, actually saying "nice car" as I drive by. I didn't expect all the attention in our city of almost 1 million people, but it is nice to know that I made a good vehicle choice when I special ordered this silver Mercedes.