Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Fun, more fun & most fun!
By Roger

Love it.
This Beemer geek believes in the CLK

Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles .
It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works.

I've owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke or needed constant servicing like this Mercedes. The transmission module, convertible top computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. Each has twice the mileage of the Mercedes and they NEVER break. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

44000 mile update. I had to replace the A/C compressor and the plastic slot in the dash where I put my sunglasses has cracked in multiple places. The rubber stops for the trunk lid are disintegrating. Rust has showed up on the bottom of the passenger door around the rubber seal, which is really strange since the only time the car gets wet is when I wash it. Two hydraulic valves for the convertible top leaked fluid inside the car and had to be replaced as well as the stainless cables that hold tension on the top. I was advised it is normal for these to fail. Wow, more built in obsolescence.

To be fair, the car has never left me on the side of the road, but that's the nicest thing I can say about the reliability.

Only a Mercedes will do!
By Maxi

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

I just brought a 2000 CLK & I feel like I brought a brand new convertible. I have a ML320 SUV but wanted a 2nd car & have looked at other brand new 08 convertibles that I could have brought for a little more money, however, I would not have gotten the same satisfaction I get out of driving & looking at my Mercedes. It's a head turner everywhere I go. I am the envy of all my friends. I told them that when I turned 50 I was going to get a Mercedes convertible. They laughed because they don't realize that even an older Mercedes is always a classic & you can get them in mint condition. "O'Lordy thank you for buying me another Mercedes Benz.

The body style is always current looking and never gets old.

They've already made them in the newer models.

Wunderbar
By Mikel

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Convertible

Love this little red conv. turns heads even at 7. Tires wear fast, some small electronic issues, mostly a nusance

Styling

Cup holder needs re-engineering, needs to be made avail in a manual 6 speed,and also diesiel, like whats available in Europe

My first Mercedes is a winner
By cfreema7

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Convertible

Very stylish and great performance. This is my first MB, a used CLK320. I like the power. Moving from a BMW 525, this car moves like lightning. I was a little disappointed in the 22 mpg city/freeway I was getting, compared to the 26 I got in the BMW, and the 28mpg advertised. The cockpit is a nice fit. The cup holders are awkward when open and the glove comparment can be used for just that - and nothing else. But putting the top down, this car moves like the wind and I get plenty of compliments. One handed convertible process is ok. The V6 out drags anything it comes against, and the suspension tracks perfectly through 30 mph U-turns. I'm sold and looking forward to my first CLK55.

Stereo, handling, performance, top down driving, looks. Overall design

Seats are a snug racing fit. Fine for racing, but not around town driving. Move cup holders so cups not in the way of shifter. Single-push button top would be great instead of having to hold the button.