Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles . It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works. I owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke like this Mercedes. The transmission, convertible top pump, computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

Looks, fun to drive

Better quality and dependability

Wunderbar
By Mikel

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

Love this little red conv. turns heads even at 7. Tires wear fast, some small electronic issues, mostly a nusance

Styling

Cup holder needs re-engineering, needs to be made avail in a manual 6 speed,and also diesiel, like whats available in Europe

Love This Car
By appeal2

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with 2500 miles on it back in summer of 2000. I put on another 26000 miles the past two summers. The car is a classic. Mine came loaded with nav, orthopoedic seats, xenons and cd changer. It rides like a dream. The brakes are the best of any car I have ever owned. Stopping from 60-0 seems to take place in about 105 feet. It eats front tires in about 16k miles. Gas mileage comes in about 18-21. Its pretty peppy, 0-60 in 7.4+. Engine has a nice growl when accelerating. Taking down the top is easy but not one touch. Sound system could be better, but is adequate. Doesn't matter when you're doing triple digits with the top down.

Speed, convertible, nice computer, great nav system, comfortable seats, short turning radius and incredible brakes.

Better sound system, get rid of cheap vinyl in interior.

Luv My Mercedes
By Jay Cutler

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

Still gets praise for its beauty whenever its getting gas or valet parked. Only complaint is the occasional over bumps' squeaks, coming from I suspect the convertible top and how it locks onto the frame (my wife insists the noise is from the dashboard). The car is still a dream and even my most obese non front seat passenger doesn't complain about room in the back . In fact it can take two not so big people fairly comfortably in the rear seat.

Its up to date beauty and ability to leave like a rocket when it has to be floor boarded.

If only the top would go up and down more quickly and there was more trunk room when the top is down. Also, need better and bigger cup holders (recommend imitating the front dash cup holders on my wife'a 2002 Mercedes ML 320 SUV.

a real blast from the past
By bg516

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

this car is not only great to drive and does everything well, but i have the 430 clk cab. and it moves out like a muscle car. a real blast form the past with all the features we want today. worth owning this one.

power and top down fun

seat belt placement. rear seat foot room. in dash cd player.