2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
What a car!
By GregT on 11/19/08 05:51 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I bought this with 95k miles for about $14k. Now it has 135k. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, safe (a deer hit me and almost no damage), quiet and comfortable. I love it. From what I have read that other Benz' are not as good. One thing to beware of. This is a benz and they are not cheap to maintain.

Excellence!
By clk320 on 05/14/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

After owning the car for a few months I have come to enjoy it greatly. When I first got it I was immediately impressed with everything, but a stage of uncertainty came with minor glitches that were cheap and easy fixes (surprising little for a car with 110k miles on it). You will notice the laggish pickup from 0-20 but from 20 on up the acceleration is incredible. Suspension is top notch creating a very smooth ride and aggressive performance. Taking it around the curves is joyful and you cant take it too fast. Very nice bose speaker system. Lots of built in extras are fun and entertaining. It will make it through the snow but not well. Built very well, its a heavy car and feels very safe.

Not a fine wine...
By okedoke on 06/30/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used with 104K miles for my kid as I wanted her in a mini tank, along with traction and stab control, side airbags, etc. Just my luck, had to fix almost everything - brakes, rear deck leak, amplifiers, blown speakers, rear antenna, ball joints, dashboard digital metrics (outside temp, gear display, etc) shot, intermit wiper, etc. I think it also just sprung a leak somewhere up front on the passenger side, and I think I just lost the driver rear wheel bearings. I've owned late model American and Asian based cars that never experienced as many problems as this little gem? Also - Bose radio sounds like crud, lots of static.

My Favorite Car
By Dave C. on 09/21/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I have owned a LOT of cars (3 Mercedes) and this is my favorite out of all of them. I love the styling; it seems timeless. Exterior proportions are perfect, and quality is excellent. The interior is laid out perfectly, and the workmanship is Mercedes (i.e. the very best.) Handling is excellent, though a little heavy at low speeds. This car loves high speed cruising. The engine is super. Transmission is the best I have ever driven. Brakes & suspension are very good. Amazing sound system. So far, I have no unexpected maintenance issues (130K miles), but I am using a very small amount of oil. Not uncommon for mileage. Fuel consumption amazing: 31mpg highway, 26-27 average. Zero complaints.

My best investment yet!
By V Man on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

This is an outstanding car. I've had no problems with it. The ride is so smooth that I find myself constatly having to check the speedometer to see just how fast I'm going due to being blown away by the smooth ride. For a 2000 model, it's awesome!

Mercedes CLK 320
By Brian Yates on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

Great sound system and steering wheel computer display very convenient.

XLNT
By MB4LIFE on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Best car on the road

A Disappointment
By adodger on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I am a Mercedes aficionado but I am truly appalled by the string of quality issues that have arisen since I obtained my CLK 320 coupe 3 years ago. While I have not had any major problems (engine, transmission etc.), a string of nuisance issues have left me wondering why I don't take an office at the dealership since I have cause to go there every other month with a problem. My list of problems include constantly burning bulbs, several false negative malfunctions on the dashboard display, power windows that sometimes have a mind of their own. All these issues as well as a disappointing stereo system have me seriously considering a switch to oh no!, yes! BMW!

bad choice
By nana on 03/02/02 16:24 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I've had a number of problems w/ my CLK 320. There was a serious leak underneath the dash; the driver's door bolts have come completely loose and had to be replaced. The tape deck was defective and had to be replaced. The interior design is very poor, with obstructed vision, bizarre controls, etc. Never, ever would I buy another Mercedes.

Love It
By dmfelder on 02/28/02 13:38 PM (PST)

Class and Guts.