Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles . It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works. I owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke like this Mercedes. The transmission, convertible top pump, computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

Favorite Features

Looks, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better quality and dependability

transmission
By emughlee10

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my Clk430 coupe for 5k and absolutely love the style the interior and exterior ..but i have been having problems out of the transmission..slip codes it acts like it doesnt want to shift right? so i am stuck between crossing my fingers and getting it fixed..or getting something else i really love this car and i am going to hate giving it up..but i am scared i will get it fixed and other problems will occur lol..someone please help!):

110, 000 Miles and Very Solid
By Rant

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe

I have this car for 3 years and is very solid. Lot of power and still feels like new. I highly recommend this car. 110,000 Miles and no issues. I use it on daily basis for everything. Mercedes benz road assistant said the CLK class is the most reliable of all Mercedes and I agree with it. For a V8 23 mpg is really good.

Favorite Features

Brakes, Style, Engine and fun to drive, Wife loves it.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder, GPS

What a car!
By GregT

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I bought this with 95k miles for about $14k. Now it has 135k. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, safe (a deer hit me and almost no damage), quiet and comfortable. I love it. From what I have read that other Benz' are not as good. One thing to beware of. This is a benz and they are not cheap to maintain.

Favorite Features

Speed at 70 mph. You step on the gas and you get to high speed in seconds. You really gotta watch.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rest of the benz line as good as this one. I have been toying with getting an ML but have not read much good about them.

Only a Mercedes will do!
By Maxi

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Convertible

I just brought a 2000 CLK & I feel like I brought a brand new convertible. I have a ML320 SUV but wanted a 2nd car & have looked at other brand new 08 convertibles that I could have brought for a little more money, however, I would not have gotten the same satisfaction I get out of driving & looking at my Mercedes. It's a head turner everywhere I go. I am the envy of all my friends. I told them that when I turned 50 I was going to get a Mercedes convertible. They laughed because they don't realize that even an older Mercedes is always a classic & you can get them in mint condition. "O'Lordy thank you for buying me another Mercedes Benz.

Favorite Features

The body style is always current looking and never gets old.

Suggested Improvements

They've already made them in the newer models.