Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Fun, more fun & most fun!
By Roger

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

Love it.
This Beemer geek believes in the CLK

Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles .
It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works.

I've owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke or needed constant servicing like this Mercedes. The transmission module, convertible top computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. Each has twice the mileage of the Mercedes and they NEVER break. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

44000 mile update. I had to replace the A/C compressor and the plastic slot in the dash where I put my sunglasses has cracked in multiple places. The rubber stops for the trunk lid are disintegrating. Rust has showed up on the bottom of the passenger door around the rubber seal, which is really strange since the only time the car gets wet is when I wash it. Two hydraulic valves for the convertible top leaked fluid inside the car and had to be replaced as well as the stainless cables that hold tension on the top. I was advised it is normal for these to fail. Wow, more built in obsolescence.

To be fair, the car has never left me on the side of the road, but that's the nicest thing I can say about the reliability.

transmission
By emughlee10

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my Clk430 coupe for 5k and absolutely love the style the interior and exterior ..but i have been having problems out of the transmission..slip codes it acts like it doesnt want to shift right? so i am stuck between crossing my fingers and getting it fixed..or getting something else i really love this car and i am going to hate giving it up..but i am scared i will get it fixed and other problems will occur lol..someone please help!):

110, 000 Miles and Very Solid
By Rant

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe

I have this car for 3 years and is very solid. Lot of power and still feels like new. I highly recommend this car. 110,000 Miles and no issues. I use it on daily basis for everything. Mercedes benz road assistant said the CLK class is the most reliable of all Mercedes and I agree with it. For a V8 23 mpg is really good.

Brakes, Style, Engine and fun to drive, Wife loves it.

Cup holder, GPS

What a car!
By GregT

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I bought this with 95k miles for about $14k. Now it has 135k. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, safe (a deer hit me and almost no damage), quiet and comfortable. I love it. From what I have read that other Benz' are not as good. One thing to beware of. This is a benz and they are not cheap to maintain.

Speed at 70 mph. You step on the gas and you get to high speed in seconds. You really gotta watch.

Make the rest of the benz line as good as this one. I have been toying with getting an ML but have not read much good about them.