2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Fun, but totally unreliable
By clkcabriolet on 04/01/13 12:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

I bought my car for a weekend convertible from the original owner who used it the same way. It has always been kept in an environmentally controlled garage and dealer maintained in its 41,000 miles . It is good looking, drives well and lots of fun.... when it works. I owned 60s Alfa Romeos and Ferraris, but none that broke like this Mercedes. The transmission, convertible top pump, computer module, trunk lock, radio, oxygen sensor and dashboard have all died. Did I mention the constant fault lights on the dash? Mercedes says this is typical. I love mine and my wife's Acuras. The ultimate luxury is dependability. If I wanted a beautiful but poor quality car I would have bought a Jaguar.

transmission
By emughlee10 on 01/26/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my Clk430 coupe for 5k and absolutely love the style the interior and exterior ..but i have been having problems out of the transmission..slip codes it acts like it doesnt want to shift right? so i am stuck between crossing my fingers and getting it fixed..or getting something else i really love this car and i am going to hate giving it up..but i am scared i will get it fixed and other problems will occur lol..someone please help!):

110, 000 Miles and Very Solid
By Rant on 11/23/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe

I have this car for 3 years and is very solid. Lot of power and still feels like new. I highly recommend this car. 110,000 Miles and no issues. I use it on daily basis for everything. Mercedes benz road assistant said the CLK class is the most reliable of all Mercedes and I agree with it. For a V8 23 mpg is really good.

What a car!
By GregT on 11/19/08 05:51 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I bought this with 95k miles for about $14k. Now it has 135k. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Fast, safe (a deer hit me and almost no damage), quiet and comfortable. I love it. From what I have read that other Benz' are not as good. One thing to beware of. This is a benz and they are not cheap to maintain.

Only a Mercedes will do!
By Maxi on 08/10/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Convertible

I just brought a 2000 CLK & I feel like I brought a brand new convertible. I have a ML320 SUV but wanted a 2nd car & have looked at other brand new 08 convertibles that I could have brought for a little more money, however, I would not have gotten the same satisfaction I get out of driving & looking at my Mercedes. It's a head turner everywhere I go. I am the envy of all my friends. I told them that when I turned 50 I was going to get a Mercedes convertible. They laughed because they don't realize that even an older Mercedes is always a classic & you can get them in mint condition. "O'Lordy thank you for buying me another Mercedes Benz.

Excellence!
By clk320 on 05/14/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

After owning the car for a few months I have come to enjoy it greatly. When I first got it I was immediately impressed with everything, but a stage of uncertainty came with minor glitches that were cheap and easy fixes (surprising little for a car with 110k miles on it). You will notice the laggish pickup from 0-20 but from 20 on up the acceleration is incredible. Suspension is top notch creating a very smooth ride and aggressive performance. Taking it around the curves is joyful and you cant take it too fast. Very nice bose speaker system. Lots of built in extras are fun and entertaining. It will make it through the snow but not well. Built very well, its a heavy car and feels very safe.

Wunderbar
By Mikel on 10/31/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Convertible

Love this little red conv. turns heads even at 7. Tires wear fast, some small electronic issues, mostly a nusance

My first Mercedes is a winner
By cfreema7 on 07/06/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Convertible

Very stylish and great performance. This is my first MB, a used CLK320. I like the power. Moving from a BMW 525, this car moves like lightning. I was a little disappointed in the 22 mpg city/freeway I was getting, compared to the 26 I got in the BMW, and the 28mpg advertised. The cockpit is a nice fit. The cup holders are awkward when open and the glove comparment can be used for just that - and nothing else. But putting the top down, this car moves like the wind and I get plenty of compliments. One handed convertible process is ok. The V6 out drags anything it comes against, and the suspension tracks perfectly through 30 mph U-turns. I'm sold and looking forward to my first CLK55.

Not a fine wine...
By okedoke on 06/30/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used with 104K miles for my kid as I wanted her in a mini tank, along with traction and stab control, side airbags, etc. Just my luck, had to fix almost everything - brakes, rear deck leak, amplifiers, blown speakers, rear antenna, ball joints, dashboard digital metrics (outside temp, gear display, etc) shot, intermit wiper, etc. I think it also just sprung a leak somewhere up front on the passenger side, and I think I just lost the driver rear wheel bearings. I've owned late model American and Asian based cars that never experienced as many problems as this little gem? Also - Bose radio sounds like crud, lots of static.

My Favorite Car
By Dave C. on 09/21/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

I have owned a LOT of cars (3 Mercedes) and this is my favorite out of all of them. I love the styling; it seems timeless. Exterior proportions are perfect, and quality is excellent. The interior is laid out perfectly, and the workmanship is Mercedes (i.e. the very best.) Handling is excellent, though a little heavy at low speeds. This car loves high speed cruising. The engine is super. Transmission is the best I have ever driven. Brakes & suspension are very good. Amazing sound system. So far, I have no unexpected maintenance issues (130K miles), but I am using a very small amount of oil. Not uncommon for mileage. Fuel consumption amazing: 31mpg highway, 26-27 average. Zero complaints.