Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Mama's Car
By Don_Q

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

The purchase of the MB 320 SLK was the result of my wife's refusal of the offer of a Porsche Boxter, a decision we have not regretted. Although a six cylinder model we have been impressed with the acceleration and handling and its appearance draws attention.

Favorite Features

Seat adjustment and automatic wind shield wipers

Suggested Improvements

Road noise seems excessive

MUST HAVE
By PJR

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

As my wife and I began pricing out new vs used cars to replace my older "college car," we were intrigued by the classiness and sportiness of the CLK 430. My wife, not the finest judge of high technology, fell in love with it faster than I did. She walked in with me and we drove it home. I do agree with previous writings, cheaper interior than we would like, and temperature control near the feet in colder areas are a drawback--the dual temp control is cool, but a little tricky. The sunshade, V8, AMG rims, and ground effects make this my first child...

Beautiful Piece of Junk
By Mostly Bummed

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

I should have believed Consumer Reports! The reliability of this vehicle is no better than a GM or Ford according to CR. Problems since I have owned it (37k to 42k miles): broken power rear shade, broken engine heat shield, broken cable for power drivers seat (twice now), persistent engine rattle, persistent interior rattles, leaking rear differential seal, faulty timing belt, broken lever to unlatch fold down rear seats, loose drivers' seat that needed new latches. All in all a highly frustrating and unreliable vehicle. My recommendation: sell it before the warranty expires, or better yet buy something reliable like a Lexus, Acura or Infiniti.

Favorite Features

Styling, strong engine, lots of nice gadgets, good highway high speed cruiser

Suggested Improvements

Reliability: Mercedes Benz = M-B = Mechanical Burden

NEW AND EXCITED OWNER
By ELENI

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe

From the first time I ever laid my eyes on the CLK I knew I had to have it. I had to wait a couple of years to fit it into my price range but alas that time has come. So far the car is magnificent. From the look and feel to the pick-up and speed. I haven't had too much time with it but can tell that this car will never lose my interest.

Favorite Features

Definitely the look and feel.

Suggested Improvements

Not too good on gas but everything else makes up for it.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By EVERALDO

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road. Even now after 3.5 years people still stop and stare. The car is very reliable, I've taken it in for every scheduled maintenance call, (the computer makes it easy to remember) and if it wasn't for the fact that my kids are getting to big to fit in the back seats, I would keep this car forever.

Favorite Features

Juat look at it, enough said.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes has already taken care of it.