Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

MB should not have redesigned it
By Dan

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new and still have it after almost 9 years. I was driving a Dodge Avenger back in 1998 and saw this car on the road. The next day I was at MB dealership and ordered one with every possible option except for ski sack. The 3.2L engine is more than I need but it accelerates smoothly without any delays or gaps until you go above 60. The car is still the best looking vehicle on the road. Too bad MB had to redesign the look of it, I would have bought another one again. Now, I am keeping it. I've had mostly electrical problems including failed front computer twice and blown bulbs here and there but nothing major. Sometimes the car fails to start on first crank in any weather.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, the look. Very comfortable seats, silver color is terrific.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder is a joke. It simply can't hold a biggie drink in it without wobbling

Best Car on the market
By MR.RIVERA

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. It is fun to drive,sporty yet still luxurious. 4 years later it still runs like new and turns heads. I have had minimal problems ex: starter problem and sunroof problem that were expensive to fix.The other problem is when i bring it in for maintenance the dealer tries to sell me everything. Over all it is a great car and one that I plan on keeping forever.Maintenance is expensive but well worth it.

Favorite Features

Love the rear wheel drive, interior and exterior are beautiful. Leather is durable.Turning radius is great.

Suggested Improvements

Put wings on it so it can fly me to heaven, cause thats how I feel when am driving it.

A Drivers Car
By BlueMonk

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

No, I am not a racer. But I have become addicted to the CLK's instant acceleration. My only problem with it is that with a kid coming I have outgrown its size. Went and test drove the new FX45 from Infinti the other day. It does not even come close to the handling and acceleration. I guess I will be going with an E.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and body

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder could be sturdier and the CD changer is a pain in the trunk.

Mama's Car
By Don_Q

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

The purchase of the MB 320 SLK was the result of my wife's refusal of the offer of a Porsche Boxter, a decision we have not regretted. Although a six cylinder model we have been impressed with the acceleration and handling and its appearance draws attention.

Favorite Features

Seat adjustment and automatic wind shield wipers

Suggested Improvements

Road noise seems excessive

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By EVERALDO

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe

I love this car, it has to be one of the most beautiful cars on the road. Even now after 3.5 years people still stop and stare. The car is very reliable, I've taken it in for every scheduled maintenance call, (the computer makes it easy to remember) and if it wasn't for the fact that my kids are getting to big to fit in the back seats, I would keep this car forever.

Favorite Features

Juat look at it, enough said.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes has already taken care of it.