Used 1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

CLK320 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

The Silver Bullet
By Mikey Cuccini

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

My CLK 320 is truly a great automobile. First off, I bought it for myself on my 32nd birthday. What a gift. It handles extremely well in suburban driving even on roads that are slightly bumpy it feels quite smooth. On new pavement it is a dream. The V6 is very capable and is very quick. There hasn't been anyone who has been able to stay with me from a dead stop at a stoplight. It is sooo quick and smooth. I would recommend it. If you are purchasing a used one look for rust toward the front of the door jams and the trunk deck lid where key would go in. Great car.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel, Mercedes-Benz hood ornament, Bose stereo system bumps. The power seats go forward to let the little ones or passengers into the back seat. Remote trunk release from key fob is very helpful.

Suggested Improvements

None yet.

Excellent overall car
By Teekhe

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe

This was my first Mercedes Benz and overall I would definitely purchase another one. The car is sporty, fun to drive and very reliable. It has excellent acceleration and braking is a breeze. The ABS certainly works!! When I first got, it there were a lot of jealous looks in the neighborhood as few of them were around. Now they are quite prevalent, but still look fabulous. This is a softer ride than the BMW's, but not as soft as say a Lexus. It's the right balance of sportiness and comfort for me.

Favorite Features

Sporty looks and quick pickup

Suggested Improvements

Weaknesses: 1. The cupholder is sort of clumsy for larger beverages. 2. The tires that it comes with tend to wear out relatively fast 3. It's not cheap, but holds its value nicely 4. It's not particularly fuel-efficient