2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Consumer Reviews

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLA-Class model:
Beautiful Styling, Great Safety Features, Moderate Performance
By filmdog on 02/01/15 09:44 AM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

My wife and I have owned many cars. This is the best looking of the entire lot. We opted for just about every safety and appearance feature, and we got terrific safety, and head-turning style. The engine, however, is the standard 208 horse turbo four, and that's where things get less spectacular. Rated acceleration is good on paper, but you can feel the tiny powerplant revving hard to yield reasonably brisk results. Compared to a 350E that I drove recently, the CLA feels like an underpowered toy. No surprise given the price difference. Handling is good. The feel is "light", but nonetheless stable and precise. A tiny gas tank requires frequent refills.Mileage is fair--with Econ mode OFF.

Much more fun than expected...
By markcla on 11/05/14 09:02 AM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

After reading various car magazine reviews on the CLA250 4Matic, I was a little nervous about taking delivery of my Mountain Gray/Brown leather specially ordered vehicle. After 200 miles in the car, Iím ecstatic! Let me put to rest some of my concerns:

cla 250 4matic
By discussion on 08/10/14 07:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

bought the car in march and put 10,000 miles to date. the car is fun to drive, love the looks and the attention you get while driving it. we have had zero problem to date. The ride is smooth on the high way but little firm on rough pavement. I have driven the Porsche 911 and I am not comparing to two but I love driving the CLA much more than 2013 Porsche 911. its just seam to have a sportier feel on the road than the 911. it does not have a lot of room in the back for people 6ft but it is still comfortable. must get the sport body style with moon roof. I rate this car a 10. would highly recommend this car to any one. Wish there was a convertible CLA so I get one

Hyped
By czeal001 on 08/07/14 17:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Lags on low gears... salesman says "it's normal for a turbo small engine.." I've been driving volvo for over a decade now and never had a lad on their small engine. Test drove this CLA 2.0 and i had to stop on U-turn because could not get into gear... normal? Pretty dangerous if it lags like it is. You figure...

Great New Technology & MB-AMG Excellence
By glineberry on 07/22/14 08:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This car's engine represents exceptional technology. The sound is quite different from the V-8 AMG CLK55 I had before. Not as deep. This one definitely lets you know it's a turbo....get on boost and it's amazing. No appreciable turbo lag! I wanted AMG performance with 4Matic in an efficient package....I am not disappointed. Brakes, suspension and handling are also exceptional. Took about 7 months after I ordered it for the car to arrive....worth the wait.

Great Car
By ericjohnsoncpa on 07/14/14 17:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Fun to drive, love the car. The tires make the ride a little bit bumpy, but the rest of the car is great. Handles great and I love the power. It is a sports sedan so don't expect a roomy back seat even though at 6'1 I can sit in the back seat just fine. The gas mileage is better than the govt. ratings. I get 39 on the why and 33 in combined driving. I highly recommend this car.

The AMG working people can afford
By abndoc73 on 07/06/14 14:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This car is great to drive and brings a smile to my face every time I start it up. Yes, the ride is firm and with 355 hp you need to feel that. But, driving on the autobahn at 140mph you have no issues taking turns.

Awesome
By pothmer on 06/16/14 23:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA45 AMG 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Happiness is AMG. Love this car. Never had an AMG before, so can't compare it to other AMG's. Had a BMW M3 (sweet car) and this is better. (RWD super cars are undriveable in snow. Unless you get high-performance snow tires--then they are tanks...except that one time when you hit throttle on a wintry turn, rear wheels slide out, plant themselves into a curb and the axle breaks). But Mercedes has 4matic (which is a technical term 4magic; or "hand of God" if you don't believe in magic). The CLA45 has 4matic, 4 doors, 355hp and 332 lb ft. Torque.

It's a Benz
By sumgai on 06/16/14 01:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This beauty is a Benz, I know because I cut my teeth in Benz's, literally. My first ride was my Dad's 1962 220s and i used the door sill to help me cut teeth, so there were some holes in the leather near the front window vent. He moved on to a '72 280se 4.5, a '87 300e, a '98 e320 and then a 2007 e350. I bought the 98 e320 from him when he got the 2007 and I offered to let him keep the carpeted floor mats since the car interiors were the same color. Surprisingly, the e320 was wider than the e350 and the 98 floor mats were too wide for the 2007! So imagine my delight when the drivers side 1998 e320 floor mat fit perfectly in the 2014 CLA250! (the passenger-side mat was 2 long)

A Brilliant Car! We love it, but not for everyone. . .
By cla251 on 06/06/14 23:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class CLA250 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Upon my initial drive of CLA 250, the cabin was smaller and less traditional than any benz I had driven or rode in before, so much that the wife and I could not fall in complete love with it at first test drive. If you think of this as a sporty coupe, you will be fine. Need a roomy sedan? Look elsewhere. Proceeded to drive the A3, & BMW 320i. Truly liked each of these cars for different reasons, A3 was very fun to drive, lacked many standard comforts, VW ride 320i was a great, more solid traditional sedan, but short on innovation and a stingy w/ add ons. More same old. Drives great imo. The CLA resonated with us more after driving others in the price. We bought the CLA. Very pleased!