The Ultimate High Performance Coupe
By steebie1044 on
2012 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL550 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)
I've owned a number of Mercedes over the years, including the 560SL, 450SE Sedan, E350 Coupe, CL55, S430, E350 sedan, and the GL450. When I began shopping for another Mercedes, I researched the 2012 CL550 and concluded this was to be my next Mercedes. I found a Diamond White 2012 CL550 with Sahara Beige Premium Leather interior, and truly fully equipped with an MSRP of $127,000. The base CL550 MSRP is $114,000. I test drove the car and absolutely fell in love with the vehicle from a luxury and Performance perspective. Smooth 7 speed transmission and powered by a Twin Turbo Charged 427 HP engine. I compared this CL with a 2002 CL55 I owned. The performance of the 2012 was the best.
Favorite Features
Automatic side bolster hugs you when turning so as to maintain your position at all times. Every control is at your fingertips; MBrace allows for sending Destination information from Google Maps directly to the Navigation system in the CL550. Voice instructions to almost all functions in the CL550 is absolutely impeccable. The rumble of the mufflers from the twin turbo engine lets you and everyone around you know this is not a car to underestimate. The adjustable ride from comfort to Sport is a button away.
Suggested Improvements
Very pricey, but MSRP is quite negotiable.