Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

Dangerous car
By Lewis L

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I own a CL600 and recently had a total brake failure. I hit a wall doing about 60mph. No airbag deployment, presafe brake failed, and no warning about the brakes. Mercedes lawyered up and refuses to deal with this. I've had lots of other little problems, but am shocked at how they treat customers buying a flagship model.

overpriced coupe
By mercedes fanatic

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The CL550 is not a bad car. But it is vastly overpriced. In reality, it is nothing more than a short wheelbase S Class (sold in Europe), with a different body (which look just like the diminutive C Class) The rear seats are a joke as they are hard to access and fit small children only. I later traded up to a 2009 S550 for the added comfort, practicality and ride quality. I found out quickly how much these things depreciate. WOW. 40% in one year. That the CL costs more than the S class is unrealistic. The sedan is actually worth more than the coupe; I've owned both.

technology, COMAND, fit and finish

Take $30k off the price

Bought it and returned it in 2 days
By Steve

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Traded 2001 Porsche 911 Carerra4 convertible in on this.1st mistake was to buy this car,as my past cars,w/o really testing it,even though the dealer offered to let me drive it over the weekend. Mistake 2 was thinking that since Chrysler & Mercedes have now divorced, there would be no longer any residual parts from one division to the other...wrong.Basically it is the quality of the Crossfire. Plastic cheap parts,great engine,shoddy body part fit & overall...basically a glorified Chrysler. I guess if I wanted a Chrysler..I would have bought one. I am in no way trying to bash this car,& feel owning a Mercedes, BMW & Ferrari's in the past,I know cars.Ended up buying a BMW 650i,and love it.

steering control, transmission,look

Don't put on Dodge parts on a 80,000 car. I expected better from Mercedes??

Greatest MB I've ever owned!
By Warren

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

The CL600 just blew me away when I test drove it at the dealership! Fit and finish is superb. Handling is excellent. I love how it comes fully loaded with all options. I've owned an SL500, SL55 and a CLS500 before this car. None of those MB cars comes close to how wonderful this car is.

ABC, multi-contour seats, overall design

COMAND interface can be simplified and improved.

Amazing Car
By DevGroup

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Truly the best modern car I've ever owned. The CL550 was my choice after driving it, CL63 and 65 AMG's. I live in the city on the west coast, not near the Autobahn, hence the CL550 was plenty fast for me. Getting to my destination a second faster in an AMG did not seem worth the extra money. I opted for the AMG "Sports Package", the added styling is very nice. The Premium Pack II is a must, as all the gadgets make the car even more fun. The CL550 is a winner all the way around - great looking, powerful, safety, awesome ride, and it's got a stealth low-key look, perfect for those who want quality and performance without having to tell the world you can afford a fairly pricey car...

Ergonomics, dynamic seats, sound system, power, and quick handling...

How do you improve perfection...really.