Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

Amazing!
By Henry Gutierrez

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned Audi s5 A7 corvette, Porsche all which were great automobiles. But... I purchased my 08 cl 600 for a fraction of the original price 4 months ago with 27k on it. It's 8 year old car. ( obviously someone's baby) it is perfect! Black on black. It is incredibly fast! Poor gas mileage, worth it.:))
What a pleasure to drive in town or Hiway. The interior is very luxurious . Love the dynamic seats!! Sound system sounds like I'm at the symphony. Funny: :) porches and other high performance cars/drivers pull up at light, notice the V 12 badge and know not much of a chance. I've read some of the reviews and know repairs are costly. Hopefully I don't have any soon.(crossing fingers) the dealership did go over her with a fine tooth comb, plus I asked a lot of questions and had it looked over from an independent. Hope we have many years and miles together.

Excellent car, but gremlins live in the cabin
By tcatter

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned this car for approximately 3 years and no one dares to race me, even Porsches.
I bought it with 3000 miles on it and it now has a whopping 15,000.
I've had creaks in the seat that don't seem to go away and the fat foreman and Beverly Hills MB can't "identify" the problem because when he sits in the passenger seat the sound disappears to his his ass.
Another problem are the sensors which buzz and ask to see the user's manual.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.
It is an exceptional piece of machinery but not for anyone who pinches pennies.

everything, it's a CL600 - twin turbo V12

Dangerous car
By Lewis L

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I own a CL600 and recently had a total brake failure. I hit a wall doing about 60mph. No airbag deployment, presafe brake failed, and no warning about the brakes. Mercedes lawyered up and refuses to deal with this. I've had lots of other little problems, but am shocked at how they treat customers buying a flagship model.

Greatest MB I've ever owned!
By Warren

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

The CL600 just blew me away when I test drove it at the dealership! Fit and finish is superb. Handling is excellent. I love how it comes fully loaded with all options. I've owned an SL500, SL55 and a CLS500 before this car. None of those MB cars comes close to how wonderful this car is.

ABC, multi-contour seats, overall design

COMAND interface can be simplified and improved.