Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

Amazing!
By Henry Gutierrez

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned Audi s5 A7 corvette, Porsche all which were great automobiles. But... I purchased my 08 cl 600 for a fraction of the original price 4 months ago with 27k on it. It's 8 year old car. ( obviously someone's baby) it is perfect! Black on black. It is incredibly fast! Poor gas mileage, worth it.:))
What a pleasure to drive in town or Hiway. The interior is very luxurious . Love the dynamic seats!! Sound system sounds like I'm at the symphony. Funny: :) porches and other high performance cars/drivers pull up at light, notice the V 12 badge and know not much of a chance. I've read some of the reviews and know repairs are costly. Hopefully I don't have any soon.(crossing fingers) the dealership did go over her with a fine tooth comb, plus I asked a lot of questions and had it looked over from an independent. Hope we have many years and miles together.

Excellent car, but gremlins live in the cabin
By tcatter

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned this car for approximately 3 years and no one dares to race me, even Porsches.
I bought it with 3000 miles on it and it now has a whopping 15,000.
I've had creaks in the seat that don't seem to go away and the fat foreman and Beverly Hills MB can't "identify" the problem because when he sits in the passenger seat the sound disappears to his his ass.
Another problem are the sensors which buzz and ask to see the user's manual.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.
It is an exceptional piece of machinery but not for anyone who pinches pennies.

everything, it's a CL600 - twin turbo V12

BEST Benz i've owned so far!
By david j sottini

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have only owned my 2008 black on black cl550 sport for 8 weeks now! Amazing car! I have a lot of experience with Benz brand and with the cl class. I owned and drove a 2003 cl500 sport 51,000 fun filled miles in three years and a 2006 cl500 sport 41,000 glorious miles in only 21 months. I already drove this cl class 2,200 miles. Around town is cool, back roads are a ball and very confident feel, tight handling staying on track perfectly for me. Open highway you feel like you're in a dream. Quiet inside, stable and just gliding along! Acceleration is great for a heavy car. Braking is terrific. The 382 horsepower and 7 speed transmission were made to go together very well. Sporty, comfort and luxury!

of course the active body control is the best. dynamic and massage seats i use every day. interior tech. gadgets not as tough to use as i thought but still have a lot to go over and utilize. aggressive front end. sleek body at the same time not overly showy. pillar-less always my favorite look of CL!

i like the door hinge design better on the previous design. doors are tough to stay open at where you want them. a bit more aggressive rear would be nice and as usual the AMG sport package is a must! a bit pricey sticker but i found a true cream puff with 18,000 miles very much under the sticker!

Better than a Bentley at half the price
By CaliforniaCL550

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The ultimate luxury car. Seriously, go test drive a Bentley Continental GT then take a ride in this! The fit is superb, the computer system is intuitive, the interior mood lighting at night feels like a sexy club, and the exterior (with AMG package - a must!) is the classiest thing on the road without screaming "look at me!" Unless you're looking for a compact nimble sports car feel, you won't be disappointed.

Technology is fantastic, voice control works great, massage seats feel like you're getting a manny/petty , seat gripping function on curves wows your passengers, active body control is amazing. Find the rare Designo black & light cream contrasting interior with black piano trim- smoking hot!

If I'm being really critical- rear view camera quality is mediocre, doors are big and don't stay in place when opening on a slope, night vision has a 1/2 second delay creating a slight visual distraction, ride is SO smooth and silent you could unexpectedly fall asleep.

CL550 Stealth mode Luxury & Performance
By English Euro

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought my CL550 in like-new condition with 10k miles on it. This is a superb car. It is fun to drive, classy looking, loaded with high tech gadgets but not hard to use. Not obnoxious like driving a Bentley; most people don't know what the CL is which is a good thing. Nightvision is cool but weird to have a TV-like display on the dash while driving. Keyless go is neat, but takes a little getting used to. Car handles and accelerates very well. I have a 2005 911S which I may sell, as the CL seems an adequate replacement. I also have a 2004 S500 4matic which I may keep as my winter car. The phone integration with my Blackberry is excellent.

Massaging seats are comfortable! Plus the drive-dynamic seats that hug you when cornering. So far, my first 1000 miles, I like this car a lot.

A dedicated button to raise & lower the rear window shade, though I am using the spare/programmable button to do this.