Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Cl-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

A Rocket with Class
By mcrosson

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I recently bought an '06 CL55 AMG with low miles. It is the best looking big coupe MB has ever built, far better looking than the current body style, in my opinion. It is an absolute blast to drive... it has tremendous power and torque, faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap tall buildings in single bounds. It makes you feel like a superman driving it. The AMG seats are the best I've ever sat in, with more adjustments available than a chiropractor. The only downside to the vehicle is the gas mileage - 17 in the city, 19- 20 highway. When you pay $75 to fill a 21.5 gallon tank, it kind of hurts. Until you press the engine start button. That that big grin takes over.

Favorite Features

Start button, seat controls, very slick in-dash NAV/CD system.

Suggested Improvements

Put the damn star back on the bonnet!

CL 55 review by an owner
By CL55 owner

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I fell in love with this car, the handling, and the wonderfully powerful and smooth engine. I continue to enjoy the well-crafted and reliable engine (each engine is hand crafted by one person, and signed by him/her) and the excellent ride. And the car looks sharp, inside and out. But I will bot purchase another Mercedes. The "cons" are just far too many for a car that is $140K+. I average 13mpg (city driving), premium gas only. I have had to buy new tires on three occasions now (with less than 15,000 miles) They are fat tires and pick up all nails and cannot be patched. And tires are $500+ each. And reliability of non-engine components (electrical system especially) is awful.

Favorite Features

Engine -- the sound (purrrrr) and performance. Speed. Design and handling of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is horrible (10 - 13mpg city, at best). Poor tires. They have to be replaced often (more so than any other sports car I have ever owned). Very poor reliability for electrical system and other componets.

CL55 is Incredible!
By N$aneRacing

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Excellent features, feel, handling, power and comfort. Nice body style in the Mercedes line up. I am very happy with this car overall and would rate it A+.

Favorite Features

Incredible drivability, feel and performance. Great features and very easy to drive and enjoy.

Suggested Improvements

Make more people aware of what a great car this is!