2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
A Rocket with Class
By mcrosson on 04/24/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I recently bought an '06 CL55 AMG with low miles. It is the best looking big coupe MB has ever built, far better looking than the current body style, in my opinion. It is an absolute blast to drive... it has tremendous power and torque, faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap tall buildings in single bounds. It makes you feel like a superman driving it. The AMG seats are the best I've ever sat in, with more adjustments available than a chiropractor. The only downside to the vehicle is the gas mileage - 17 in the city, 19- 20 highway. When you pay $75 to fill a 21.5 gallon tank, it kind of hurts. Until you press the engine start button. That that big grin takes over.

what I think.
By DD on 02/26/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

While there isn't much visual differences between the CL500,600,55 the 65 stands alone when it comes to power. The 604hp is almost too much for the rear wheels. I wish it had all wheel drive and was about 1500lbs lighter and was truly stand out that this vehicle cost close to $200K I was tempted to leave the window sticker permanently in the window. I also wish MB would not have put a governor on the vehicle it tops out at 155 where it still has plenty of room to stretch out to the 200 mark. I admit I don't feel 100% safe driving at the mid triple mark speeds b/c it is close to 6K lbs and would hate to have to try to stop or make a swerve If cash is tight go buy a BMW

Mercedes CL 65 AMG
By CL 65 AMG on 12/18/07 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

The only gripe that I have with the car is that it does not come with a manual transmission. But I'm otherwise totally floored by this car, never have I had this much fun, the car can do anything. Track days (bye bye Porsche, Ferrari, Vettes etc etc, normal drives in the mountains and eats up the highways. Comfort second to none and no noise ever! I love it and will be buried in it. One car I will never let go of. Might be expensive but you can't put a price on the smiles / mile in this car!

My CL 500
By John Comis on 02/23/07 21:09 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My CL500 is a great car and fun to drive. Very easy on the eye. The CL is the perfect car for me and I am very happy with it. The 2007 CL is different not better looking as far as I am concerned. I just love the way the CL tracks around curves and its stability on the highway. The car is quiet, smooth, and powerful.

CL 55 review by an owner
By CL55 owner on 10/22/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I fell in love with this car, the handling, and the wonderfully powerful and smooth engine. I continue to enjoy the well-crafted and reliable engine (each engine is hand crafted by one person, and signed by him/her) and the excellent ride. And the car looks sharp, inside and out. But I will bot purchase another Mercedes. The "cons" are just far too many for a car that is $140K+. I average 13mpg (city driving), premium gas only. I have had to buy new tires on three occasions now (with less than 15,000 miles) They are fat tires and pick up all nails and cannot be patched. And tires are $500+ each. And reliability of non-engine components (electrical system especially) is awful.

LOVIN MY CL 500
By Lisa Saez on 10/06/06 23:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Just purchased my CL 500 on my birthday 3 Oct 06 and has already fallen in love with this beauty! It is sooo sharp and sporty even though it has a sedan sort of style to it. Turns heads like carzy. Very sofisticated in its looks but modernally casual for just that every day ride. I love how it huges the road while giving that sporty. The power for this car has is awsome! . Owning now the S500 and G500 this car, the CL 500, adds alot more exciement to the driving experience. Will be owning this one and all the rest for life!

CL55 is Incredible!
By N$aneRacing on 09/09/06 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Excellent features, feel, handling, power and comfort. Nice body style in the Mercedes line up. I am very happy with this car overall and would rate it A+.

CL65 AMG
By CL65 AMG on 11/23/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

Second AMG car in two years good looking very fast car, a blast to drive interior not quite as comfortable as expected but good. Would take a serious look at the CL55 before spending extra money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.