Incredible for the money on the used market
By syberfilm on
2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)
I have about 150,000 miles on my CL65. I always wanted a 65 but was told not to get one because of the expense to work on. Let me tell you this is ultra reliable and way cheaper then my Ferrari. I have only had to issues in over 100K of driving. I bought it used with about 50K on it. First issue was a coil unit went out and I had to replace it. Cost about $2,500. The other issue, the ABC was drooping. The shop wanted over $3,000 to fix. I found a video on youtube and did it myself. for about $400 US. I am not very mechanical at all. It took me all day to do. But saved some bucks. Other then those two issues. The car has been a dream. I just do the scheduled maintenance and drive.
Favorite Features
The car just goes. I had it chipped to remove the 155mph limiter and it improved the 0-60mph as well. It has i=an incredible sound and people always look around to see what kind of car it is when they hear it. It looks unassuming to the average person. But when you sit in it you know you are in a $180K car. The handling is incredible and you will have to drive it to see what I mean. Almost no car on the road will stand a chance against you should you decide to floor it. The seats have a cooling system built in so in the summer you are totally comfortable and for the winter they are heated. The paddle shift is a great feature and fun when zipping around tight twisty areas.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holder totally sucks in this car. The shift plate has come loose on my twice and I had to wiggle it back into place. The seat adjust section came loose on the door panel and it was a pain to get back into place. But I am just nit picking. The seating in the back is a little small.