The Flagship Coupe
By Chris Thomsen on
2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)
The CL65 is the flagship coupe of the CL class from Mercedes Benz. The 6.0 litre V-12 Bi-Turbo engine produces and astonishing 604 hp and 738 ft-lbs of torque. The coupe accelerates from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, making it a true 'beast' in the automotive industry. While the top speed had been electronically-limited to 155 mph, the car would be able to achieve about 200. If you take your head out from under the hood and step back you will find an array of extra modifications. These include an AMG aero-kit which include front and rear bumpers and side skirts. Mercedes was kind enough to add one of the nicest interiors that I have ever seem into this car. A race car and an everday driver, amazing.
Favorite Features
I love the practical options which include a power trunk, DVD based navigation system, an amazing sound system which is capable of accomadating 7 cd's, the three postion hydraulic suspension, and the very adjustable seats. The performance in this car is unreal. Meanwhile the cabin remains silent.
Suggested Improvements
My only suggestions for improvements are to re-program the car's computer so that the 155mph top-speed governer is removed and to increase fuel economy: which is unpractical, but would be nice because this car eats gas. I find myself filling this car almost every other day.