A Lifetime Dream Car
By ardeevin on
2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)
I have owned many dream cars including a Ferrari, muscle cars like the SVT Mustang, classic muscle cars like the 1970 442 Olds W-30, beautiful cars like the mid-60s Corvette coupes and I can say without hesitation that the 2005 CL 55 AMG surpasses all of them in every category and I will not likely ever part with my car. I have owned it for 7 years now, my extended warranty ran out last September and I am still loving the car as much or more as the day I bought it. It is still a major head-turner every time I take it out which indicates to me that the design of the car is timeless so could be considered as "automotive art" on top of all the other benefits. Treat yourself and get one.
By ma62
on 10/13/12 11:04 AM (PDT)

Aside from the ABC, which I know can be troublesome and I can assume you have had some sort of issue with... what other types of maintenance issue have you encountered in your 7 years of ownership?

By ronhcl55
on 06/17/14 07:37 AM (PDT)

I am the second owner of my 2005 CL55 and have put 50,000 of its 80,000 miles on it over the last 5 years. Everything the prior writer said i echo. I have never had any problems other than normal maintenance items. And i should given how hard i drive it. It never gets out of sport mode and every day i drive to and from work like i am at Lemans. Now gas, brakes and tires dont last long (I average 12 mpg and about 10,000 miles on the rear stagger blocks) but that is a small price to pay for the e ticket ride i drive every day. I doubt i will ever sell it and its design is still head turning and likely will become a classic.