2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

CL55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Best buy used car ever!
By jet1rno on 07/01/14 22:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Some call the CL55 AMG the depreciation king, and if I had bought one new I might agree, however there is more to the story than depreciation. The Cl 55 AMG is FULL of technology and admittedly if you buy a bad one you will be most unhappy so how do you avoid that? Pay a couple of hundred dollars before you buy one to have it pre-purchase inspected buy a Mercedes Benz dealer. This will save you time and major grief. If the owner refuses to allow this just say goodby. If it is a price "to good to be true" it probably will need a lot of TLC. Avoid boy racer modified cars, this car needs VERY FEW!

A Lifetime Dream Car
By ardeevin on 02/22/12 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned many dream cars including a Ferrari, muscle cars like the SVT Mustang, classic muscle cars like the 1970 442 Olds W-30, beautiful cars like the mid-60s Corvette coupes and I can say without hesitation that the 2005 CL 55 AMG surpasses all of them in every category and I will not likely ever part with my car. I have owned it for 7 years now, my extended warranty ran out last September and I am still loving the car as much or more as the day I bought it. It is still a major head-turner every time I take it out which indicates to me that the design of the car is timeless so could be considered as "automotive art" on top of all the other benefits. Treat yourself and get one.

Everyone needs this car
By james on 08/11/08 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is beautiful to look at and even more awesome to drive. It seats four adults technically, although the backseat can be a tad small. Navigation system is easy to use - not complicated at all as others have rated. It is a gas guzzler, however it is worth the extra premium gas price because the ride is awesome. I love it.I love the horsepower.I love the smell of the car, once again .This car is beautiful to look at and even more awesome to drive. Mercedes-Benz, thanks for all the hard work

Superb car
By Tom on 09/18/06 02:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Comfortable, responsive, and very fast. Interior and exterior are beautiful. Fuel consumption is average for a car with this power. Back seat access could be better. Fun to drive

The Definition of an Automobile
By PetLife on 07/31/05 04:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is flat out, undeniably, the definition of fantastic motoring. I've owned BMWs, Audis, Porsches, Japan's best, Italy's best, and even other Mercedes, but the CL55 takes the cake. The whole cake and all the frosting. Even the frosting flowers. It's great looking, comfortable, sporty, safe, easy to drive slow or fast, and goes like a hell cat with its tail on fire when summoned. If you have the cash and you're looking for the complete package, look no further than this car. No excuses and dissapointments here. You'll thank me later.

Awesome
By Amy on 06/10/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Excellent vehicle - luxury, sporty and powerful. Very comfortable and drives itself. Sound system is top notch. Navigation system is easy to use - not complicated at all as others have rated. It is a gas guzzler, however it is worth the extra premium gas price because the ride is awesome. Mercedes employees are very helpful and so professional. I love it.

It doesn't get any better then this
By HK on 06/02/05 08:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is without a doubt the most exciting car I have ever owned or driven. Just seeing the letters "AMG" when I get into the car every day makes me a happy commuter. I may go broke with the incredibly high fuel consumption, but it will be with a smile. Great acceleration yet luxurious enough to commute in. Easier to service and more fun to drive then the Maserati's and comparable to the DB9 (but with room for golf clubs). Much better looking then the 645i. Get it.

CL55 AMG
By Jennifer C Frantz on 05/14/05 17:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is beautiful to look at and even more awesome to drive. It seats four adults technically, although the backseat can be a tad small for two good sized adults. I have had some minor problems with the vehicle however. Some material coming apart on the interior, a trunk lid that malfunctioned but was fixed, the door handle latch has become unattached. The response from Mercedes has been wonderful though.