2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
Best buy used car ever!
By jet1rno on 07/01/14 22:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Some call the CL55 AMG the depreciation king, and if I had bought one new I might agree, however there is more to the story than depreciation. The Cl 55 AMG is FULL of technology and admittedly if you buy a bad one you will be most unhappy so how do you avoid that? Pay a couple of hundred dollars before you buy one to have it pre-purchase inspected buy a Mercedes Benz dealer. This will save you time and major grief. If the owner refuses to allow this just say goodby. If it is a price "to good to be true" it probably will need a lot of TLC. Avoid boy racer modified cars, this car needs VERY FEW!

Incredible for the money on the used market
By syberfilm on 09/20/13 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I have about 150,000 miles on my CL65. I always wanted a 65 but was told not to get one because of the expense to work on. Let me tell you this is ultra reliable and way cheaper then my Ferrari. I have only had to issues in over 100K of driving. I bought it used with about 50K on it. First issue was a coil unit went out and I had to replace it. Cost about $2,500. The other issue, the ABC was drooping. The shop wanted over $3,000 to fix. I found a video on youtube and did it myself. for about $400 US. I am not very mechanical at all. It took me all day to do. But saved some bucks. Other then those two issues. The car has been a dream. I just do the scheduled maintenance and drive.

A Lifetime Dream Car
By ardeevin on 02/22/12 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned many dream cars including a Ferrari, muscle cars like the SVT Mustang, classic muscle cars like the 1970 442 Olds W-30, beautiful cars like the mid-60s Corvette coupes and I can say without hesitation that the 2005 CL 55 AMG surpasses all of them in every category and I will not likely ever part with my car. I have owned it for 7 years now, my extended warranty ran out last September and I am still loving the car as much or more as the day I bought it. It is still a major head-turner every time I take it out which indicates to me that the design of the car is timeless so could be considered as "automotive art" on top of all the other benefits. Treat yourself and get one.

Power...Luxury...Perfection
By Tom C on 01/26/10 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned my CL65 for almost two years and put almost 28K miles on it during this time. What an amazing car. It is literally a perfect combination of luxury and performance. The interior is still very pleasing to the eye and touch with high quality materials and fit. I still love the elegant and classic lines of the exterior. The torque is just unbelievable. The chassis does have a hard time corralling all that power...but you learn to be judicious with when/where you prod the throttle. I have previously owned an E39 M5 and Audi RS6, and I can't imagine getting rid of the CL65. There just isn't anything out there that compares (new CL65s weigh 200+lbs more with same power).

Everyone needs this car
By james on 08/11/08 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is beautiful to look at and even more awesome to drive. It seats four adults technically, although the backseat can be a tad small. Navigation system is easy to use - not complicated at all as others have rated. It is a gas guzzler, however it is worth the extra premium gas price because the ride is awesome. I love it.I love the horsepower.I love the smell of the car, once again .This car is beautiful to look at and even more awesome to drive. Mercedes-Benz, thanks for all the hard work

Superb car
By Tom on 09/18/06 02:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Comfortable, responsive, and very fast. Interior and exterior are beautiful. Fuel consumption is average for a car with this power. Back seat access could be better. Fun to drive

The Flagship Coupe
By Chris Thomsen on 06/11/06 09:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL65 AMG 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

The CL65 is the flagship coupe of the CL class from Mercedes Benz. The 6.0 litre V-12 Bi-Turbo engine produces and astonishing 604 hp and 738 ft-lbs of torque. The coupe accelerates from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, making it a true 'beast' in the automotive industry. While the top speed had been electronically-limited to 155 mph, the car would be able to achieve about 200. If you take your head out from under the hood and step back you will find an array of extra modifications. These include an AMG aero-kit which include front and rear bumpers and side skirts. Mercedes was kind enough to add one of the nicest interiors that I have ever seem into this car. A race car and an everday driver, amazing.

The Definition of an Automobile
By PetLife on 07/31/05 04:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is flat out, undeniably, the definition of fantastic motoring. I've owned BMWs, Audis, Porsches, Japan's best, Italy's best, and even other Mercedes, but the CL55 takes the cake. The whole cake and all the frosting. Even the frosting flowers. It's great looking, comfortable, sporty, safe, easy to drive slow or fast, and goes like a hell cat with its tail on fire when summoned. If you have the cash and you're looking for the complete package, look no further than this car. No excuses and dissapointments here. You'll thank me later.

Comfort zone
By Philip Kennedy on 07/17/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Left the 330BMW convertible as it was both uncomfortable and small. The CL500 has made my wife and I feel that it has put us back in a smooth ride again it makes us feel very safe.The style is nice as there isn't a window bar betwween the front and back window giving you as close a feeling to being in a convertable. Very roomy with enough horse power to get onto a parkway that is moving at a fairly fast pace.

Awesome
By Amy on 06/10/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Excellent vehicle - luxury, sporty and powerful. Very comfortable and drives itself. Sound system is top notch. Navigation system is easy to use - not complicated at all as others have rated. It is a gas guzzler, however it is worth the extra premium gas price because the ride is awesome. Mercedes employees are very helpful and so professional. I love it.