Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Cl-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG

CL55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

classic design
By Jay

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

do usual in depth checks. buy a vehicle that was local and was a cpo. mine has 80k and checked out fine. i only drive it on weekends. my mechanic said this will be fine. if driving the usual 15k/yr, just be ready for the usual expensive repairs. i had lexus sc430. benz has more of that 1 piece porsche feel to it vs lexus and more fun to drive. also liked the classic long nose look like old jag xk and sc400. lots of stuff you don't need but work with the manuel and all techno stuff gets easier to use. of course more stuff means more possible problems. buying used is great way to beat the big depreciation. the more i play with it, the more i like it. no mpg but don't care. didn't buy it for mpg

Favorite Features

v8 growl and power. handling and ease of driving. visibility,comfort,all the fun gadgits, model design and look, can't beat the seats. voice command.

Suggested Improvements

usual stuff found in german cars..tons of little plastic stuff, cup holders don't hold more than a dixie cup safely and holders are fragile. just handle with care. body paint is ok, but porsche, lexus etc are better quality and finish/depth.

Best car I have ever owned or been in.
By Hamilton

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

After owning two Porsches and 3 Mercedes, this is the best handling and most powerful car I have ever owned. I plan to keep this car forever. I just got this car for $38K with 74,000 miles on it. It looks and drives like it was brand new. The original owner traded it in on the latest version. It get attention from people that know what it is, but is fairly stealthly for such a powerful car.

Favorite Features

Incredible power with almost 500hp. Very quiet and solid feel. Can go around a corner at high speed like it was on rails.

Suggested Improvements

Still learning the voice comand part.

MY ROCKET
By ALI M. GANJI

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

THE MOST FUN AND EXITING CAR I EVER OWNED AND DRIVEN, WOULD NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE CAR, KEEP IT STOCK AND ENJOY LIFE.

Favorite Features

POWER, POWER, POWER

Suggested Improvements

NONE

bestcarever
By zaystev

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

mercedes benz has been the best for years, mercedes benz is the best currently, always will be the best. ever since the 80's SEC coupes, amg has built the best translation of a modern muscle car. 130k is alot, but how else can you rocket 2 tons to 60mph in under 5 seconds? ricers beware, never step to the lord of the autobahn.

Favorite Features

best marage of speed and comfort, its a lear jet for the highway.

Suggested Improvements

the new limited CL 65, 6.0L biturbo V12, yes they made it faster, with 608bhp

WOW!!
By TheKid007

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I just bought my 2003 CL55 about one week ago. I have to say that I have bags under my eyes from lack of sleep because all I want to do is drive my car. If you want a head turner, this is the car.

Favorite Features

I would say that the PURE POWER of the car is astonishing. I also own a 2004 BMW M3 and a 2004 Corvette. Neither of these cars could hold a candle to the Benzo

Suggested Improvements

One problem that I have found was that the fold out cup holders are flimsy, and mine have even malfunctioned to the point that I need to have it serviced.