Style & Performance
By HRK on
2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)
I have owned 3 other Mercedes & this is my favorite over my previous CL600. The understated styling & great performance are favorites. Handling is good for a heavier car but not in the Porsche range. Reliability has been good but one electrical problem which the dealer solved. This is my every day driver so I plan to put on a lot of miles & I keep my cars for several years. I purchased the extended warrantee based on my experience with my CL600. I would buy this car again & highly recommend it for performance, style & luxury, only I would get the voice activated controls, I miss the hands free calling on my previous CL600.
Favorite Features
Great performance, very comfortable seats for longer trips. This car is so much fun I need to think whether to drive my Porsche on the weekends!
Suggested Improvements
For F1 shifting, I prefer paddle shifters on the column rather than buttons behind the wheel, less elegant but more functional. I would like a six speed automatic. I would prefer the NAV system of the new Lexus which doesn't rely on an out dated CD which needs to be updated regularly.