Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

CL Amazing!
By aedjlali

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2003 CL 500 and I love the car! It is great, no problems and many standard features. I wish the car had a more aggressive look, but it still looks very classy. Fuel economy also is bad 16-24mpg I typically get 15-17 and I drive conservatively. If you have the money I would def recommend one, a lot better than most cars out there!

All 4 windows go down, auto wipes/bi-xeon lights, automatic door latch (just push in the door lightly and the car will automatically latch and shut the door), ABC suspension is great! and the 2 dif levels are good specially when going on a speed bump or entering a steep driveway, great rear space!

I wish the car what a little lighter, I am coming from a clk 320 and the CL is heavy, if driven aggressively then you will need to replace tires frequently. Wish the exterior design was more sporty.

Luxury, High Performance & Loving It
By Barb

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned serveral other Mercedes vehicles and luxury vehicles but the 2003 CL55 AMG has displayed it all. Fun to drive, high performance, comfortable front seats, good sound system and not to leave out it looks great on the road. I am currently waiting for the 2007 to come out, I want another.

High perfomance, comfortable and stylish.

Rear seats are comfortable once you get in them, but being a two door (and I like the looks) it's hard to enter and exit. I would still purchase another.

Best Ever
By Coppy

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned most makes over 40 years,MB since 1969, every high line Mercedes made in the last 20 years (no AMGs) and this by far the finest and most reliable car of all. After eight months of ownership the car remains flawless, is perfectly comfortable and a blast to drive.

The interior still excites me every time I enter the car but the Active Body Control has to make this the coolest ride on the planet. And then of course there's the automatic trunk closer... always a croud pleaser.

Oddly.. can't think of a thing.

cl500
By peter coury

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

gorgeous, comfortable car with a few bad design features. there should be a cd player/disc changer in the dash, the automatic sealing windows have failed twice and needed repair. This is only a good ides if it works. At this price all features (multi-contour seats, distronic cruise control. etc,,,)should be standard. Stunning looks, fat comfort, love the keyless go although it could react a bit faster. Love the java interior with light wood. Overall I'm lucky to own it.

it's stunning design. And gorgeous understated 'java' interior.

cd player in dash. more simple controls, especially heating/cooling could have knobs. what ever happened to knobs? automatic sealing windows could be more reliable.

cl 500 test drives
By big Ben

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car ,I love the suspension system on it, especialy the options of sport and normal driving I also like the fact you can raise the car 2 dif levels. the comfort in the cl is great the seats are wide and offer great support. I also enjoy the tip shift trans I use this mode all the time. The one thing I wish it had was a little more power off the line and and a more agresive sounding exhaust system.

tip shift trans,adjustable suspension system, the cars style and its high speed stability.

I feel the car needs a more agresive sound, I also feel the car should of came with sportier rims and tires, the trans shifter for me is to close for me I like the shifter to be farther for me to reach this is because I have long arms.