2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
It tickles me
By FILSEE on 03/31/07 17:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

It still continues to exceed my performance expectations and in my estimation is a stronger, beefier design than the 2007 model change.

2003 CL55
By stevendworkin on 05/20/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Just boght a used 10,000 mile CL 55. Drove it down from New York to South Fla. and never experoenced such a comfortable drive. Quiet, powerful, comfortable, and a great sound syatem along with 21 mpg economy. Best car for the price. Love the looks & performance

Style & Performance
By HRK on 12/27/05 02:32 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned 3 other Mercedes & this is my favorite over my previous CL600. The understated styling & great performance are favorites. Handling is good for a heavier car but not in the Porsche range. Reliability has been good but one electrical problem which the dealer solved. This is my every day driver so I plan to put on a lot of miles & I keep my cars for several years. I purchased the extended warrantee based on my experience with my CL600. I would buy this car again & highly recommend it for performance, style & luxury, only I would get the voice activated controls, I miss the hands free calling on my previous CL600.

Only one word: WOW!
By YELLOWONE on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Owned this car almost a year for now, no problem at all, fast, fast, and fast. Cornering? no problem, speed? no problem, COmfortable? Yes, Reliable? Yes, so far. Gas mileage is not bad if you drive it moderately, only a little bit different with my S500. 493 hp and 516lb/ft of torque? It is enough. I can live with it.

Design, Safety, Performance and Luxury
By ADP on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The CL55 is a supercar. It's dynamic performance matches that of a number of two seat sports cars that are widely considered supercars. Despite the performance capabilities, the car is quite comfortable and quiet. The Automatic Body Control is amazing, as are the brakes. The build quality is very good. My experience with the car has been entirely satisfactory.

CL55? pass
By Dave Brett on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The car is impressive. A blast to drive. 493 hp says it all. It has a problem with the supercharger clutch. The car shutters with a clunk and a loud squeak when the supercharger ingages. It sounds like an old jalopy with a bad trans. Brought it back for repairs and was handed a bulletin from MBUSA that stated, "this motor-specific noise is state of the art. At best, replacement of these parts leads to a temporary solution of the problem and customer dissatisfaction will increase." MB can build a brake by wire braking system but can't built a compressor that doesn't sound like a old junker. Stick with Lexus and keep your money in the bank!

WORTH THE WAIT
By BARBARA on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

OUR CL55 AMG IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS WE HAVE OWNED. STYLE, PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING. THERE IS NO OTHER VEHICLE WE CAN COMPARE IT TO.

AMG CL-55 2003
By JJGMD on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

As far as design , comfort, jet like power and acceleration at all speeds it does not get any better. Has all the toys you would expect in a vehicle this price but this car is built to enjoy and last for many years. Easy to adjust the height and suspension of the CL.Corners are easy to take with total control at all times. Voice activated phone and radio and CD's actually are reliable. Three choices to shift gears. Worth the wait.

My first 5000 miles
By Ron Greenspan on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I traded a 2002 M5 for this beast so I am very familiar with high performance cars. This is a true luxury car with blinding performance and incredible comfort. You can drive for hundreds of miles and still want to keep going. The seats are extremely comfortable and it has all the toys and technology you could ask for. Its a dream. It is not a sports car but does fairly well in the curves. The brakes are good but it is a heavy car so you have to allow for some distance to stop as compared to a lighter Porsche. The torque is immense and available at any speed. A deeper exhaust sound and a lower ride height would be my only fixes.

very fun to drive
By Eric Hwang on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this car during the summer and ever since than i leave 2002bmw7 in my garage. Everyone that sees this car says that it really look good. My favorite part of this car is the visibility, you can really see clearly so its really fun to drive!