Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

It tickles me
By FILSEE

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

It still continues to exceed my performance expectations and in my estimation is a stronger, beefier design than the 2007 model change.

I love the absence of a center post. I am forever delighted by the "keyless go". Observing the side mirrors closing against the body reassures me that I have locked the vehicle.

Better sound system. The switch from CD's to DVD's for the NAV System.

2003 CL55
By stevendworkin

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Just boght a used 10,000 mile CL 55. Drove it down from New York to South Fla. and never experoenced such a comfortable drive. Quiet, powerful, comfortable, and a great sound syatem along with 21 mpg economy. Best car for the price. Love the looks & performance

Style & Performance
By HRK

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned 3 other Mercedes & this is my favorite over my previous CL600. The understated styling & great performance are favorites. Handling is good for a heavier car but not in the Porsche range. Reliability has been good but one electrical problem which the dealer solved. This is my every day driver so I plan to put on a lot of miles & I keep my cars for several years. I purchased the extended warrantee based on my experience with my CL600. I would buy this car again & highly recommend it for performance, style & luxury, only I would get the voice activated controls, I miss the hands free calling on my previous CL600.

Great performance, very comfortable seats for longer trips. This car is so much fun I need to think whether to drive my Porsche on the weekends!

For F1 shifting, I prefer paddle shifters on the column rather than buttons behind the wheel, less elegant but more functional. I would like a six speed automatic. I would prefer the NAV system of the new Lexus which doesn't rely on an out dated CD which needs to be updated regularly.

Only one word: WOW!
By YELLOWONE

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Owned this car almost a year for now, no problem at all, fast, fast, and fast. Cornering? no problem, speed? no problem, COmfortable? Yes, Reliable? Yes, so far. Gas mileage is not bad if you drive it moderately, only a little bit different with my S500. 493 hp and 516lb/ft of torque? It is enough. I can live with it.

performance, comfort, relaibility, style.

Need a wider and bigger rim, not the 18", 19" would be perfect.

Design, Safety, Performance and Luxury
By ADP

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The CL55 is a supercar. It's dynamic performance matches that of a number of two seat sports cars that are widely considered supercars. Despite the performance capabilities, the car is quite comfortable and quiet. The Automatic Body Control is amazing, as are the brakes. The build quality is very good. My experience with the car has been entirely satisfactory.

Exquisite design, exceptional performance and luxury. Keyless Go and trunk closer are convenient features. The car is superior in every way.

The front seats tend to fall back into place when accessing the back seats and should be corrected.