Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Cl-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

CL Amazing!
By aedjlali

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2003 CL 500 and I love the car! It is great, no problems and many standard features. I wish the car had a more aggressive look, but it still looks very classy. Fuel economy also is bad 16-24mpg I typically get 15-17 and I drive conservatively. If you have the money I would def recommend one, a lot better than most cars out there!

Favorite Features

All 4 windows go down, auto wipes/bi-xeon lights, automatic door latch (just push in the door lightly and the car will automatically latch and shut the door), ABC suspension is great! and the 2 dif levels are good specially when going on a speed bump or entering a steep driveway, great rear space!

Suggested Improvements

I wish the car what a little lighter, I am coming from a clk 320 and the CL is heavy, if driven aggressively then you will need to replace tires frequently. Wish the exterior design was more sporty.

It tickles me
By FILSEE

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

It still continues to exceed my performance expectations and in my estimation is a stronger, beefier design than the 2007 model change.

Favorite Features

I love the absence of a center post. I am forever delighted by the "keyless go". Observing the side mirrors closing against the body reassures me that I have locked the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system. The switch from CD's to DVD's for the NAV System.

Luxury, High Performance & Loving It
By Barb

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned serveral other Mercedes vehicles and luxury vehicles but the 2003 CL55 AMG has displayed it all. Fun to drive, high performance, comfortable front seats, good sound system and not to leave out it looks great on the road. I am currently waiting for the 2007 to come out, I want another.

Favorite Features

High perfomance, comfortable and stylish.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seats are comfortable once you get in them, but being a two door (and I like the looks) it's hard to enter and exit. I would still purchase another.

2003 CL55
By stevendworkin

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Just boght a used 10,000 mile CL 55. Drove it down from New York to South Fla. and never experoenced such a comfortable drive. Quiet, powerful, comfortable, and a great sound syatem along with 21 mpg economy. Best car for the price. Love the looks & performance

Style & Performance
By HRK

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned 3 other Mercedes & this is my favorite over my previous CL600. The understated styling & great performance are favorites. Handling is good for a heavier car but not in the Porsche range. Reliability has been good but one electrical problem which the dealer solved. This is my every day driver so I plan to put on a lot of miles & I keep my cars for several years. I purchased the extended warrantee based on my experience with my CL600. I would buy this car again & highly recommend it for performance, style & luxury, only I would get the voice activated controls, I miss the hands free calling on my previous CL600.

Favorite Features

Great performance, very comfortable seats for longer trips. This car is so much fun I need to think whether to drive my Porsche on the weekends!

Suggested Improvements

For F1 shifting, I prefer paddle shifters on the column rather than buttons behind the wheel, less elegant but more functional. I would like a six speed automatic. I would prefer the NAV system of the new Lexus which doesn't rely on an out dated CD which needs to be updated regularly.