2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
CL Amazing!
By aedjlali on 09/09/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2003 CL 500 and I love the car! It is great, no problems and many standard features. I wish the car had a more aggressive look, but it still looks very classy. Fuel economy also is bad 16-24mpg I typically get 15-17 and I drive conservatively. If you have the money I would def recommend one, a lot better than most cars out there!

It tickles me
By FILSEE on 03/31/07 17:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

It still continues to exceed my performance expectations and in my estimation is a stronger, beefier design than the 2007 model change.

Luxury, High Performance & Loving It
By Barb on 12/01/06 10:18 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned serveral other Mercedes vehicles and luxury vehicles but the 2003 CL55 AMG has displayed it all. Fun to drive, high performance, comfortable front seats, good sound system and not to leave out it looks great on the road. I am currently waiting for the 2007 to come out, I want another.

2003 CL55
By stevendworkin on 05/20/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Just boght a used 10,000 mile CL 55. Drove it down from New York to South Fla. and never experoenced such a comfortable drive. Quiet, powerful, comfortable, and a great sound syatem along with 21 mpg economy. Best car for the price. Love the looks & performance

Style & Performance
By HRK on 12/27/05 02:32 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned 3 other Mercedes & this is my favorite over my previous CL600. The understated styling & great performance are favorites. Handling is good for a heavier car but not in the Porsche range. Reliability has been good but one electrical problem which the dealer solved. This is my every day driver so I plan to put on a lot of miles & I keep my cars for several years. I purchased the extended warrantee based on my experience with my CL600. I would buy this car again & highly recommend it for performance, style & luxury, only I would get the voice activated controls, I miss the hands free calling on my previous CL600.

Best Ever
By Coppy on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned most makes over 40 years,MB since 1969, every high line Mercedes made in the last 20 years (no AMGs) and this by far the finest and most reliable car of all. After eight months of ownership the car remains flawless, is perfectly comfortable and a blast to drive.

Only one word: WOW!
By YELLOWONE on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Owned this car almost a year for now, no problem at all, fast, fast, and fast. Cornering? no problem, speed? no problem, COmfortable? Yes, Reliable? Yes, so far. Gas mileage is not bad if you drive it moderately, only a little bit different with my S500. 493 hp and 516lb/ft of torque? It is enough. I can live with it.

cl500
By peter coury on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

gorgeous, comfortable car with a few bad design features. there should be a cd player/disc changer in the dash, the automatic sealing windows have failed twice and needed repair. This is only a good ides if it works. At this price all features (multi-contour seats, distronic cruise control. etc,,,)should be standard. Stunning looks, fat comfort, love the keyless go although it could react a bit faster. Love the java interior with light wood. Overall I'm lucky to own it.

cl 500 test drives
By big Ben on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car ,I love the suspension system on it, especialy the options of sport and normal driving I also like the fact you can raise the car 2 dif levels. the comfort in the cl is great the seats are wide and offer great support. I also enjoy the tip shift trans I use this mode all the time. The one thing I wish it had was a little more power off the line and and a more agresive sounding exhaust system.

Design, Safety, Performance and Luxury
By ADP on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The CL55 is a supercar. It's dynamic performance matches that of a number of two seat sports cars that are widely considered supercars. Despite the performance capabilities, the car is quite comfortable and quiet. The Automatic Body Control is amazing, as are the brakes. The build quality is very good. My experience with the car has been entirely satisfactory.