2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
Worst
By integrity on 05/09/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Worst Mercedes I ever owned, nonstop problems keep coming, I've been to 5 Mercedes specialist all the mechanics told me to get rid of this car asap, because too many on this model of car, it's not worth to fix, that's why used one is much cheaper than cl55!

Almost Perfect...almost
By Ken on 03/10/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Classic design...just a beautiful machine. I had heard about some MB quality issues in the early 2000's model lines and there are some bugs in the car: engine computer replacement, radiator hose replacement, window wahser resvoir repalcement, a turn signal that just wont work. Bummer on a car that cost $120k new. On the plus side this is a magical machine that you only really begin to understand at 100mph+. The design is clean and classic...the V12 purrs unless you want it to growl, which it is happy to do. This car is all alpha male selection.

V12 Bang for the buck!
By 02 CL6 on 02/12/07 16:49 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

After years of lust for the big MB V12 I broke down and replaced my C5 Corvette with an ultra-clean fully optioned (Spt,Dist,Park)30k mi example. The car is heavy which adds to a solid feel all-around, but you wouldn't notice it with power that is immediate and omni-present. I looked at other new/used cars in the class, but none of them could match the looks, price, power, and features. Just ask yourself "where else can I get a V12 $120k car for 1/3 the original price (not Ferrari or Bentley). Mercedes went all out on their flagship model with plenty of wood and leather to match the techno gadets that are loaded with car. The jury is still out on reliability/maintainability.

Driving and tech showcase
By rccon on 09/14/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Unbelievable combination of performance, build quality, and style. Unlike other German cars, this one really has flair and more just a grudging acknowledgment that style needs to be there as well. Coming out of Jaguars, this has been the only MB in quite a while that could actually be termed sensuous. Performance is truly iron fist in velvet glove - unassuming, but very big performance envelope when called upon.

It doesn't get any better than this
By fredric palmieri on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Everything it's cracked up to be and everything that you would expect. Power, handling, smoothness, refinement. It literally does anything that you want it to do. The turning radius is incredible(lock to lock), The looks are awesome and the gadgets aplenty. A true tour de force for MB as its flagship,

Fantastic all-around driver
By almazz on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Soon after I began commuting into the city again (after a 15 year break) I became disenchanted with my Jag S-type - 4.0L, Sport Suspension. The flaws in the car started to wear on me. The CL has revitalized my drive: a combination of back roads and semi- highways.

Mercedes-Benz
By Mahmoud on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Mercedes-Benz it is very good fantasitic very fast and comfort with good Performance

ok car
By Benz128 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

Nice car, low power for V12 some electrical problems very nice stylying, maybe I should heve bought 2002 BMW 7