2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
Head Turning Style and Mercedes Quality
By BenzOwner on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this car from Park Place Bedford,TX. I had always wanted a Benz, saw this one and fell in love. This car is in tip top shape in every way. It looks brand new inside and out, and my purchase and service experiences have been the best. This dealership treats you like royalty in every way! (Thanks Brian) I do wish the fuel economy was better, but with power and performance like no other its better than expected. Sound system is top notch, and all the options are user friendly. This care is impressive in every way. Mercedes was way ahead of its time when they built this dream machine!

Loved it and love it still
By pinkfloyd1962 on 09/12/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have my car since new. It has been a nice experience and I have decided to keep it, instead of trading it in for the new 500. I like the styling of my car much better. It is dark blue with light grey interior. I have not had any trouble with it. The only thing now that I miss, is the right connection to my IPOD which I have to do with the FM transmitter, which is not stylish and unreliable. My car is pretty, fast and chic and I would not change it. The only things I have done are the regular mantainence programm and not at the MB dealership, but with a specialist for european cars, cheaper and better.

2002 MBZ CL 500
By Paula M. on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My experience driving the MBZ CL 500 2002 for 15 months has been excellent. One repair was needed, a part for the brakes was relpaced due to squeaking. I highly recommend the car. It drives like a sports

Caveat Emptor - Let the Buyer Beware!
By NewLexusDriver on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My CL500 was one of the worst driving experiences I have ever had (previously owned 2 MB's). I purchased, from a Mercedes dealer, a 2001 model with 3,000 miles. BIG MISTAKE. There were major problems with the CD player, the instrument panel, the windows, the headlights, the nav system and the pneumatic doors. I finally gave up after driving the car 9,000 miles and taking it to dealers 8 times for repairs receiving no real assistance or compensation for my inconvenience from Park Place Motors, Dallas(one time they paid for a rent car), or Mercedes-Benz. Of note: when I traded, Park Place Mercedes-Benz/Mid-cities, where I had purchased the car,would not even submit a bid for the trade.

Awesome!
By Dani on 03/08/02 15:39 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Wow, what a vehicle! This is truly the ultimate driving machine.