2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:
Head Turning Style and Mercedes Quality
By BenzOwner on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this car from Park Place Bedford,TX. I had always wanted a Benz, saw this one and fell in love. This car is in tip top shape in every way. It looks brand new inside and out, and my purchase and service experiences have been the best. This dealership treats you like royalty in every way! (Thanks Brian) I do wish the fuel economy was better, but with power and performance like no other its better than expected. Sound system is top notch, and all the options are user friendly. This care is impressive in every way. Mercedes was way ahead of its time when they built this dream machine!

Don't Do It !!!
By Ian Bourne on 08/20/09 16:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2003 and kept it 5 years. It was $118 new, I paid $66k, I sold it in late 2008 for $19,500. Is that a clue ? Great looking , great driving and the absolute worst reliability. Mostly electronics, although the trunk brake light popped off when my wife closed the lid gently. the V-12 side emblem broke it's plastic self off twice while I gently washed it. The car developed oil leaks, my " Nice People, Nice cars dealer " quoted $9,200 for that. Suspensions tend to collapse also I was told. When we sold it it only had 42k miles on the clock. Oh, We also replaced a computer fuel feed unit, $1,400. You'll fall in love but be ready for an expensive divorce !!!

Loved it and love it still
By pinkfloyd1962 on 09/12/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have my car since new. It has been a nice experience and I have decided to keep it, instead of trading it in for the new 500. I like the styling of my car much better. It is dark blue with light grey interior. I have not had any trouble with it. The only thing now that I miss, is the right connection to my IPOD which I have to do with the FM transmitter, which is not stylish and unreliable. My car is pretty, fast and chic and I would not change it. The only things I have done are the regular mantainence programm and not at the MB dealership, but with a specialist for european cars, cheaper and better.

Great Car CL 600. Truely a flagship.
By Sherif Tewfik on 10/09/05 20:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

This CL 600 is the most recent mercedes I have acquired. Traded in an E55 for it. They are very different cars, but both are extremely quick. The CL 600 truely lives up to the designation of the flagship of the Mercedes line up. The finish and workmanship are on par with any S class sedan.

Best ever
By Rainmakerlrm on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

My first benz was a 1968 I bought used in 1975. I've owned many more since, occasionally straying to Porsches and even a Maserati Quatroportte in the 1980's. I recently traded my 2001 500sl for the cl600. My wife has a 2002 s500. The cl is the best benz I've ever had the pleasure to drive. The performance and ride are nothing short of amazing. I'm spoiled forever.

2002 MBZ CL 500
By Paula M. on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My experience driving the MBZ CL 500 2002 for 15 months has been excellent. One repair was needed, a part for the brakes was relpaced due to squeaking. I highly recommend the car. It drives like a sports

Caveat Emptor - Let the Buyer Beware!
By NewLexusDriver on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My CL500 was one of the worst driving experiences I have ever had (previously owned 2 MB's). I purchased, from a Mercedes dealer, a 2001 model with 3,000 miles. BIG MISTAKE. There were major problems with the CD player, the instrument panel, the windows, the headlights, the nav system and the pneumatic doors. I finally gave up after driving the car 9,000 miles and taking it to dealers 8 times for repairs receiving no real assistance or compensation for my inconvenience from Park Place Motors, Dallas(one time they paid for a rent car), or Mercedes-Benz. Of note: when I traded, Park Place Mercedes-Benz/Mid-cities, where I had purchased the car,would not even submit a bid for the trade.

Awesome!
By Dani on 03/08/02 15:39 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Wow, what a vehicle! This is truly the ultimate driving machine.