1998 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Consumer Review: The Sleeper

1998 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG - Consumer Review

The Sleeper
By Ravigunn2 on

1998 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG C43 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year and 1 month. It is awesome. The car is light weight so it handles beautifully. And also a light weight car, coupled with an AMG tuned big 4.3L V8 engine = a pretty fast car. At higher speeds it feels poised and at ease. My car has 156,000 miles on it. So far, the car is very reliable and I have only had to do basic upkeep work on it. Nothing major. I have replaced the mass airflow sensor, evaporator temperature sensor, and my O2 sensors. So all in all, that's under $500 in repairs.

All controls are very basic. Even my mother who is not at all tech savvy can easily operate the vehicle including the climate control etc. The engine is truly a masterpiece. The AMG body work is awesome. The exhaust note is a tribute to Pavarotti.

None. It meets all requirements for a car in its class. A small compact sports sedan, with a secret under the bonnet.