2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great Car But Terrible Interface
By Mondial82

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

This is our 2nd C-Class. In almost every way, it totally delivers what you expect for an entry level Mercedes. Great drive, great look, reliable. I mean it's a Mercedes - it's awesome. To the consumer, I say that you should consider this vehicle. The remainder of this critique is directed at Mercedes. Yes - MB remains masters of their craft and because I want them to continue to be - it pains me to say that they really blew it on the logic of the controls. First off, removing the leather transmission shifter with the Mercedes logo from the center console in favor of some cheap plastic stick by the steering wheel smells of a shameless cost cutting measure. Look - it's a Mercedes - throw that thing into Sport mode late night on a Freeway in L.A. - trust me - you want something to hold on to. Second, in place, there's this stupid little touch pad (kind of like mousepad on a laptop) with which you are supposed to dial phone numbers when using the Bluetooth. How am I supposed to hold onto something that's flat? Moreover, the problem is that when you try dialing the numbers, it never gets the number right and there's a delay while the system tries to figure out what number your dialing. The old C-Class we had simply had a key pad whereby the digits were physical keys I could feel with my fingers. Thus, I could safely dial without having to take my eyes off the road. Third, if you want to stream media throw your phone, you have to proceed through at least three steps - two of which are not intuitive. Our Volkswagen only has one step and it's so straight forward that even I could figure it out. Finally, I have yet to figure out how to switch around my media (i.e. change radio stations, or switch to streaming, dial numbers) while keeping the Navi map on screen. Granted, Navi is now a useless feature given the quality of programs like Waze. However, I like looking at a dynamic map as I drive. Make no mistake - this has not dissuaded me from remaining a loyal customer. But the first thing I'm going to do when it comes time to replace this one is check to see if you put in a real transmission shift and got rid of this stupid touch screen. Please MB - shine in the way you can.

C300 is now a performance car
By Al

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Pro: As you expect from a Mercedes, they have designed a performance and yet comfortable luxury which positioned the car on par or slightly above the competition. Cons: The car has a default setting for a "Comfort" mode and this cannot be changed. Unfortunately, this means that we have to live with the "Auto Engine Off" function which for some people can be very annoying. If you want to change that "feature" you will need to switch the @ button every time you restart the engine.

2015 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic
By Allen A

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I absolutely love this car. Buyers be aware!! If you get the C300 4matic be advised that from the dealer the tow of the vehicle prematurley weares both front tires. I was told I need new front tires at around 13,000 miles and my rear were in great shape. MB cutomer service was useless as so was Keyes European. I met a MB technician at a gas station who told me this info, that he has reported the issue to his superiors which I am hoping they have notified MBZ USA but so far the agents at HQ do not know of this issue. My suggestion to all current owners of any new MBZ car who has 4matic and tires prematurely wore is to complain to your dealership and to MBZ HQ USA.

Wish I bought my 2013 C Class
By JM

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I leased a 2015 C Class when the lease was up on my 2013 and now I regret not buying the 2013. I like the interior on the 2015 much better and the styling is okay, but I absolutely hate the turbo 4. I have tried all modes and this engine has a great deal of turbo lag. Dealer says "that's just the way it is". I have to floor the car sometimes when merging on the highway and constantly use the paddle shifts because the engine does not seem to shift at the right time (in my opinion). The engine clouds my whole opinion of the car...Hoping I can get out of the lease early.

Amazingly fast but amazingly expensive to maintain
By MarkMelbourneFl

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C400 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

In short:
- purchased fall 2014 as 2015 model
- C400 with some upgrades (Burmeister, LED, but no advanced assistance)
- one recall (steering)
- one issue with radio (reboots every 2-3 hours)
- one door handle light died
- one rear bumper replaced due to discoloration
- two services - 10K miles and 20K miles. 10K miles a bit expensive but within limits ($270). 20K miles service outrageously expensive ($680)
- front tires are pretty much gone after 20K miles, rear tires look like new.
- mean dealer - implying I painted bumper myself and this is why it changed color. Worst experience of my life

Overall - the car is surprisingly reliable, but my Mercedes dealer sucks. Will have to drive to Orlando for future service.