2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Owned the C400 for a year now
By Matt

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C400 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Almost at 15,000 miles and have owned the C400 for a year. From the beginning, I was hearing a strange small noise when changing into drive, reverse, and park but chalked it up as how it was built. Well 14,000 miles later, turns out my entire transmission and torque converter went out and never had proper bolts. Had it towed into the dealership and they ordered the parts from Germany. My SA told me the transmission was around $15,000.. hearing that I'll probably buy the extended warranty come 50k. Wasn't that mad, happy it was caught while under warranty. I was put into a 2016 C300 loaner for two weeks. What a POS that was. I've had C300 loaners several times over the last 8 years but after having a loaded bi-turbo C400, I would never consider owning anything less. So if you are deciding between C300 or C400/C450, I highly recommend paying the extra. Ever since a new transmission, car seems smoother than ever and would recommend to buy. Of course the navigation is STILL JUNK as Mercedes has been forever so I don't know what to tell you there besides everyone uses their smart phone anyway. I just paid for the navigation and multi media package for the larger screen w/ backup camera. But where the hell is Apple CarPlay? I see a YouTube video of a Benz sales man driving a 2015 C400 showing off Apple CarPlay yet it is not available still. Overall, good car so far despite a break down and tow. Good luck

Love my C 300
By Larry

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I stepped down from two ML 350's I miss all of the space that I had and the room in the rear seats. Three people in the rear is very craped, but it is a much smaller car. Performance is great. Great acceleration and handling. Gas mileage is a real treat aft3r my ML 350. Getting in and out is more difficult but I can deal with that. I got the LED headlights becauser the standard headlights were very poor. Quality is like a MB should be. Truck quality is inferior. Back up mirror is way below my ML. but it works. Waning systems is inferior but lane changing warnings are excellent. I do not like the run flat tires but that is the way it comes. I have a three year lease and am already thinking that I will go bigger next time for more room for passengers. No problem with butttons or cotrols. Bluetooth was a problem for a while but I think that problem is solve.

Biggest pile of crap I have owned!
By Tim

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Had the car coming up on 1 year. I have 6400 miles. The 1st week I owned the car driving 80mph down the expressway the power steering went out. The car had to be towed to the MB Dealer. A month later the sunroof would not close (it started to rain) again back to the dealer. 5 months in the sunroof broke again. This time I told the dealer last straw fix this thing or take the car back. Tomorrow I take it in again for a knocking sound when you turn. Also the sunroof is now once again broke. Previous I had a E-350 and had no problems. This 2015 C-300 has been a huge disappointment. For the money MB commands this is just unacceptable.

Great Car
By Enna-2

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Overall great car. Technology in terms of the Nav system and Key fobs not being sync'd to driver 1 or 2 buttons is a bit odd. Also a bit strange that for over $50k you don't get audible rear sensors for backing up. Car handles great though with great acceleration for the turbo 4. So plenty of power and compares well against most competitors in it's depending on your personal driving preference. Personally this car strikes a great balance between sport and comfort. I have the Sport package, premium 1 package, multimedia package plus blind spot assist and rear view camera. Oh yes the rear view camera is an optional item that is chargeable. Again for over $50k? Come on MB. Anyway test drive one of these and I think you will be hooked.

Ditched my dated 2012 C250 coupe for this
By Jason

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

This is my 2nd Mercedes. My first was the C250 coupe, which I felt was underpowered. I also didn't like RWD, living in the Pacific NW where it rains a lot (well, it used to at least....) - I wanted something w/ AWD. When I saw the redesign of the C-Class, I was blown away and had to have it. Everything about the design is beautiful. Front, rear, side - doesn't matter the angle. Inside/outside - all like no other car (in this price range) in my opinion. I've owned mine for 5 months and about 3,600 miles so far. It was built in April 2015. I know there have been issues w/ earlier builds - some recalls, issues w/ the MB-Tex seats bleeding, fuel door misalignment, rear bumper/tail light misalignment, etc. I've had NONE of these issues. There's a lot of talk about excessive wind noise. Not a problem for me at all. I have the 19" AMG's with run flats, so on rougher surfaces, there is a lot of tire noise. I also have the sport package w/ the stiffer suspension - and it's noticeably rougher after having test driven one w/ the "comfort" suspension. If I could change one thing about it, I would mellow out the suspension, cause on some roads it's a little busy and you get tossed around in your seat. Guess that's what the extra bolstering is for..... I looked at the 328, A4 & A3 when I was shopping. Nothing could compare to the interior of the C-Class. The A3 was surprisingly cheap looking inside. The A4 was a classic design, but dated and tired & I was surprised by the poor resolution of the LCD screen. It's since been redesigned and is much improved (especially the instrumentation display!) - but still doesn't have the unique, elegant finesse of the C300. When people see the interior of my car for the first time, they have a strong reaction. It's not like anything they've seen before and they're surprised by it's beauty and high-end style. I love driving this car & make excuses to be in it as much as possible. I haven't had a single issue - mechanical or otherwise. I know they exist, but those seem to be the loudest voices, as is usually the case. If I had to buy it over again, I would in a heartbeat. I love this car.

• SUV