Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C Class is OUTSTANDING
By fgentsch

2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Have had C classes since 2009 and this is by far the best. Really like the excellent gas mileage of the C-250 four cylinder engine, often getting well over 36mpg on the oven road and always at least 25mpg in town. Beats out the C-300, though a great car, but a bite more thirsty. Sporty yet distinguished in appearance. Great ride and handling.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, excellent ride and performance. Really like fold-down rear seats as a standard feature.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Fun driving experience! Great car!
By antonio246

2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Traded my 2012 C300 sedan for the 2014 coupe. Very happy with that decision. This car is a lot more fun to drive, better on gas, and downright beautiful. The seats are very comfortable for long trips. For a coupe the ride is pretty decent. Only slightly bumpier than the C Sedan. In Sport mode it handles amazing! I got all the same options the sedan had with the exception of the Media Package (w/navigation). that was a BAD decision. The Becker Map Pilot is a piece of crap. My advice...spend the money on the Media Package. Looking forward to owning this car for a long time.

Favorite Features

Sound system is excellent. Smooth shifting, superior transmission. Very good mpg. High quality interior. Panorama roof. Seating is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the Becker Map Pilot. It is not compatible with MAC so you need a Windows computer to update. With the Map Pilot, the only voice command you have is the navigation. It's a pain to use too.

OOPS, What's this all about????
By lawago

2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I would have never rated an MB until the C300 we just bought. After having it for one week and less than 500 miles on it, it developed a big problem. My wife was driving it to her office and all of the systems started shutting down. Steering, temperature controls, radio, etc. Turns out the main belt, the "Serpentine" belt which controls everything was broken. I don't understand why this could ever happen on a brand new C300 (nor does the dealer). Anyone else ever heard of this? Was mine built during Oktoberfest or is it just a one time thing? Dealer speculates that it wasn't installed properly at the factory. Scares me for what else could go wrong!

Favorite Features

Fuel saving feature which turns off engine when stopped with brake on.

Suggested Improvements

Do better factory testing before sending vehicle out to consumers.

Very happy with my c350 4matic coupe
By syslog

2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 4MATIC 2dr Coupe AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Upgraded from an Infiniti G37x. A bit more money, about the same performance but everything else blows my infiniti away. I got mine in black with the AMG package and it looks stunning. Get quite a few compliments. Being a techie, I love toys, and this car is chock full of them. The build quality is amazing. Everything has a vault-like solidity to it. Drives and handles great, I pretty much put it in "S" mode as soon as I start it off. Wish there was a way to leave that on permanently.

Favorite Features

Build quality and handsome, toy filled interior.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power and a way to leave the car in "S" mode all the time. A couple more inches of headroom.