Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Water pump failure at 22,000 miles!
By JasonH

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Coolant was leaking out of the car of the weekend. Dealer was able to get me in fairly quickly. Turns out the water pump has to be replaced on a vehicle with 22,000 miles. I have owned Dodges, Mitsubishi, Mazda, and Nissan and never had a part like that go out at such low mileage. Side airbag sensor in the drivers seat also needed to be replaced during the first month of owning. Quality German engineering huh. At least it was covered under warranty and I got a lender. Guess I expected more from Mercedes.

Great all around car
By Christopher Ramirez

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I recently purchased a used C250 Sport a few weeks ago and I have to admit that my expectations for the car was relatively low considering it was not an E, S, or ML. This car came with the premium 1 package and the lighting technology package. The premium 1 package comes with the Harmon Kardon 7.1 surround sound, which honestly is the best sound that I have heard come from a car before and I am an avid Bose consumer. The lighting package comes with the adaptive HID headlights and adaptive high beam technology that reacts to oncoming traffic and dims accordingly. Whats more is that I read some of the reviews people gave the car and saw that people were disappointed with performance and the fact that there was lack of leg room in the rear. To begin, this is in no way a BMW 335i or M3. Mercedes has always considered luxury over sport and adds the sport package for those who want a spirited drive, not a drifting at the intersections drive. The power and transmission are geared for a more economical drive to conserve fuel and utilize torque over horsepower, this is noted by the fact that the car always starts in economy mode. In addition, the leg room is decent and I am 5'10". While it is not the most spacious, it is also not an E-class which according to the side-by-side comparison on edmunds,com only adds 2, yes 2 whole inches to the rear leg room. Not enough to spend an added 5-6K. Overall, the car is what you would expect from a compact 4-door with great fuel economy, I average 33-35MPG at 75mph, while using cruise control and 20-25 in city driving, depending on traffic. This car is what you could expect for a 25-30K compact in it's class and if you are expecting a sporty drive with gearing and power specifically for pulling on the driver next to you, then you should consider a BMW 3-series or Infinity G37.

A quantum leap!
By Mike V.

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my Subaru Forester for this 2013 C 300 Sport just a few weeks ago and it was like taking a quantum leap up the luxury ladder. I drive over 1000 miles a week in New York and while the Subbie is a great winter car, it is not a long-distance cruiser. Initially I was looking at Infiniti, BMW, Audi, etc. as options feeling MBs were too expensive and exclusive for my budget. I looked online at my local MB dealer for a CPO car in my budget and was shocked when I came across this C 300 Sport. Within a week I was driving off the lot. What sold me on the car wasn't so much the name, but build quality, luxury, performance, ride and of course the price. I realize comparing the Forester to a C 300 is a bit cheeky, but I have to admit, the MB "entry" level sedan is quite nice. I read reviews that the Nav is hard to use and the ergo-dynamics are poor...I guess it depends on your reference point. I absolutely love this car! Sure, I would change a few things like having the rear seats fold down or moving the Aux/USB ports out of the center console; but these are annoyances I can live with. The jury is still out on reliability and overall cost of ownership, however I feel confident that my experience will be positive.

money pit
By c g

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

The maintenance @ dealer is way too hi. service @ regular miles helps prevent most breakdowns so pay now or pay later. ie transmission service cost $500.00,spark plugs cost $16.50 each + install. etc. etc. etc.

Great Car
By Carlo

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

As a previous and current Mercedes C-Class I have to say the 2013 Model has change a lot from previous W204 I love the Car.