Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Much better than the 2011 Model
By johnsmoke

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've driven the 2013 C300 Luxury for 5000 miles. It is far better than the older 2011 with the increase in horsepower from 228 to 248 - it really moves now with the 7-speed. My gas mileage is 21mpg around town and has reached 30 mpg on highway trips (~65 mph). The exterior is neater and interior comfortable - it is well made and solid. It has the mBrace system, with Sirius radio, Bluetooth capability, and navigation (which works unexpectedly well). I accepted a rear camera, that works well but not something I would have normally purchased. Not too happy with the stop-start ECO feature, but it has worked flawlessly so far (it can be turned off, but must be turned off each trip).

Favorite Features

Improved power and acceleration. Excellent fit and finish inside and out. Transmission is smooth. Navigation good. Styling is handsome. Gas mileage more than acceptable for a V6. mBrace controls are OK, but still a bit simple. CD player

Suggested Improvements

Steering is slow and muddy. Trunk is tighter than 2011 (places to hide first aid kit and fuses). Can't fit long golf clubs. Still has cigarette lighter - dump it. The central storage compartment has an mp3 and ipod connector that reduces storage. Glove compartment could use some reorganization to be more useful. Rear seat area is tight.

Used to love the car, but so unreliable...
By meg711

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I used to love the car until recently, but I now cannot wait to get out of my lease. It is the perfect size for me, comfortable, easy to navigate, and have everything I need. However, I clearly got a defect car with a bad ignition system. The car is only 15 month old, and I got it as a brand new. I have less than 5,300 miles on it. Everything was fine for the first 1 year. Then in this April, I drove 30 miles away from my home, and parked on the side street for coffee. When I came back, I was not able to turn on the engine, and MB Roadside Assistance told me that the key didn’t recognize my car. I had to wait for 3 hours to get my car towed. It took 2 weeks for MB to replace the igni

Favorite Features

Small size, easy to navigate, design

Suggested Improvements

Ignition system

Great starter benz
By jurrell

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

ive been researching about this car for months and im going to say what i wanted others to say in their reviews. the car isnt huge, but it is roomy im 5'7 and i fit prefect in the back seat, my step-father who is at least 6 foot also fit fine in the back, of course hes not going to want to be there for a long drive or a road trip but this car isnt small for the average person or average family. the power another story, there isnt much turbo lag maybe 2 or 3 seconds then you're off!. forgot to mention the system for the younger buyers that like that kind of thing its a great system. its no hardon kardon system but it will do its job and do it well. overall if you're looking for a starter benz

Favorite Features

blu tooth covers everything and i like the instrument cluster for the gauges, you see more and it tells you more then older benz

Suggested Improvements

memory seats, memory card, heated and cooled seats. and some features i wish were standard

100% bank vault mercedes @ 1/2 price of an "S"
By mitchellrowe

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

when you shut any of the 4 doors , you hear thump . solid , like carved out of a block of steel . just like the old days . the 2013 V6 is the 350 used in the "E" car that is de tuned to 248 hp (up alot from 2012) grey mb tex ( just wipe it with a damp cloth ) maple wood , hot auto xmission with 2 modes , harmon kardon 510 watt radio ( harmon makes the levinson lexus radio upgrade ) , weather band , 6 cd , am/fm HD. light package ( xenons) with auto high beams (xenon ) , fogs (front&rear) . memory seats (3 settings) , ford down rear seat - makes giant trunk , navigation runs perfect , lane change and blind spots monitors are superb . bluetooth , tire monitor tells which tire ( 4 monitors )

Favorite Features

plenty of room in fthe front seats . back seats for kids and little people ... or giant trunk . luxury pkg. has 5 spoke aluminum gorgeous wheels with conti's ( all 4 same size ) . NO WIND NOISE OR RATTLES . excellent output from a gallon of gas . very simple operation systems , including what we call "the lady in the sky" ... she downloads turn by turn directions to the nav screen . Cherry Hill Motors gave us all the trunk money ( factory cash ) . They found the car in production , put on the next boat to vpc in Balt. , and we took delivery on 12/27/12 ( it's a 2013 ) has push button start , (2)12v females and a 3 pointed staron the hood .( means AIR / LAND / SEA . the car is a MASTERPIECE!

Suggested Improvements

NO SUGGESTIONS . THE 2013 IS BUGGED OUT AND BULLETPROOF . WE LOVE IT . ( it's reasonably fast too ) great brakes . all around vision . Daimler couldn't do much more to build a near perfect 1/2 price "S" class.

C-300 Sport Great Value
By san356

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just turned in my 2010 E350 Coupe for the C300 Sport 4Matic for weather issues. While it doesn't have the speed of the E350 (which of course, it is not meant to), it is spry and actually more fun to drive as the car has no blind spots and you can zip in an out of city traffic with ease. (I am 5' 3" and can see over the roof.) I love it!!! Great traction on wet roads and the ECO option and the gas mileage are added benefits. Kept the same Panoramic Roof and stero system as I had in the E350. Couldn't be more pleased. I came from having BMWs and Volvos and Mercedes does it right!!