2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2013 C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

nice if you like to drive a sewing machine
By mongo6407

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Having traded in a G37 for this car, I am totally disappointed. The engine is noisy and is now making a clattering sound that the dealership is trying to figure out. I never had any sound issues with the G37. Also, the performance is terrible. I got the same mileage with the 328HP Infiniti as I do with this Mercedes and I didn't have to deal with a turbo and the lag. By the way, the turbo lag is terrible. If you stomp on the accelerator in E mode, you can fry an egg in the time you will wait for the transmission to get in gear to move the car. All in all, this car is a terrible disappointment and I cannot understand why it gets such great reviews.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the turbo and put a real V6 in there please. It mixed driving is only going to get 24 mpg, you might as well put in a V6 to get more power.

HANG ON TIGHT!
By perfidious

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased my '13 C63 AMG with the P31 AMG Development Package and Carbon Fiber option over labor day weekend. In a word, this car is..ridiculous. Cross shopped the CTS-V / Audi S5 / BMW M3. If you are looking for the best handling car with the best driving dynamics to track on the weekend - buy the M3. This car has intoxicating torque and the exhaust is a symphony. If you're looking for the equivalent of a German muscle car at a decent price point that will make you smile during your DD time - then consider this car.

Favorite Features

The Engine. Power and torque is readily available throughout the powerband, and the big v8 revs freely up to the redline. The seats are highly bolstered but still very comfortable for me (6'0 / 195 lbs). The MCT transmission in Sport and Sport + mode snaps off gear changes in a fraction of a second.

Suggested Improvements

MCT tranny is twitchy at low speeds unless you're in Comfort mode which starts the car in 2nd gear. The ride is brutally harsh especially in the city, but acceptable for highway driving. Unfortunately, My car has had to be towed to the dealer twice in the first 2 months of ownership due to a "random misfire" which resulted in the car being undrivable. The right side cam solenoid was replaced recently with no issues since.