Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

My dad's c250 sport sedan
By j_barnhill99

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

My dad bought a c250 sport sedan used with 8900 miles from RBM north. He has put 21 thousand miles on it in least than a year, he loves it. It is like driving a go kart it's a true sport sedan. The brakes are outstanding, the handling is sublime, the acceleration is great. The build quality is top notch the door panels are solid the gaps between the panels are practically invisible, no other car is built as good as a MB. Average 23 mpg, maintenance is inexpensive , hasn't given any problems. The interior is well designed, luxurious and looks interesting with two tone MB tex. Dual exhaust should come standard as well as 18 inch wheels. Back seats are cramped and narrow.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, keyless go and entry, automatic windshield washer, agile handling

Suggested Improvements

Exterior is not as shocking as newer mb cars, Tiptronic does not give you the control you get from a Manuel transmission,

class all it's own
By a4lvr

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my 2013 C300 luxury 4matic in November of 2012. The new dash redesign inspired by the E-Class was a big improvement over the old design. The ext and int fit and finish is flawless. Great V6 acceleration. The ride is firm, smooth & quiet. The opt leather seats are firm & comfortable but lack a full range of adjustment for the front seat bottoms. I get 27-30 mpg on the highway. 7 spd trans shifts smoothly. Nav system works well. Blind spot warning feature is excellent. Get the keyless go feature. Glove box is to small. The blue tooth phone system is very clear to the person being called. The last C-Class to be built in Germany for the US market. A car to keep for a long time.

Favorite Features

keyless go, nav system (built into the dashboard instead of tacked on like the 2015 model), blue tooth. smooth comfortable ride, great pick up, blind spot warning system, overall fit and finish, beautiful interior and exterior (steel gray metallic with tan leather interior). harmon cardin sound system (with many input options) is awesome. excellent mpg for a 248hp engine, I passed on the zenon headlights. the standard lights work great. Sirius radio, advanced safety features, vault like structure, reliable so far (13,000 miles), car get lots of complements.

Suggested Improvements

enlarge the glove box, needs a left foot "dead" pedal, Carpeting is not as good as the older benz's, seat adjustment range could be better especially for the seat bottoms (my 1990 190E 2.6 seat adjustments had more positions and were more comfortable) back up camera needs guidance lines, no power folding option for the exterior mirrors, no full size spare even though there is room for one (I put a full size tire and wheel in and it fits),

my c250
By panga3206

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I have owned BMW’s, Jaguars etc and for the first time ever, I now own a Mercedes-Benz (We’ll call it MB). Although I have owned the car for a few months only, so I far I can safely say ‘no regrets’. After shopping for a new car, I finally had narrowed it down 5 choices… The Jag XJ type, the Licoln MKS, Ford Explorer and the MB GLK. Then it all came down to the Lincoln MKS or the GLK (what a contrast hu?) and I chose the GLK. Well, one thing led to another at the show room and I ended up driving the c250 out of the lot. Why? Let’s just say it drove like a champ– and with a twin turbo (fully warranted under MB for 5 years and a special offer of free services for 3 years) it feels like you ar

Favorite Features

How nice it hugs corners - tight... smooth ride and twin turbo a must. Fells like a V-6 on steroids. beauty - interior beauty - elegant. Well laid out.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like it to be more user-friendly - not so dependent on voice commands. The driver seat belt buckle is hard to reach. The button to open the center console is almost past 3’clock from your view. It is hard to reach. It should have been at the front. Front spoiler? Better take good care of it- looks fiberglass-sie cheap.

Good MB but short on comfort
By dankocke

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The good: recent 1600 mile trip to MSY over thanksgiving netted 27.5 mpg overall. 650 mile hwy trips with slight tail wind netted 28 - 30 mpg at 80mph. Here in STL around town and commuting to work I average 26 mpg. So not bad for all wheel drive. The infotainment system is great, even the cheaper one like I have with the cheap nav. It's all u will need. Now for the bad: dash rattles a bit over rough roads. The sport ride is too stiff (I'm 35). The front seats are terrible... It was hell driving 10 hrs. I bought it because I wanted a MB but I probably should have gotten something else more comfortable. It is a great car but just not right for me. I'll keep 1 yr no more.

Nightmare warranty issues
By 06mustang

2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I've always loved MB, and so have many friends and family. After selling my favorite car ever, a SEL280 that I helped get back on the road with my own hands, I decided to jump on the C250 when I needed a new commuter. From the first drive off the lot, the car pulled strongly to the right. I've owned and driven many types of cars/trucks. I've never experienced one this bad, and it was a MB and brand new. Unfortunately, the nightmare became reality when I went from one dealership to another and racked up more miles driving to dealerships in teh LA area just trying to get it fixed under warranty. Not enough space allowed by edmunds to detail.

Favorite Features

In sport mode, the engine comes alive and transmission is responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Demand dealership service departments honor warranties on cars that are brand new! Reduce wind noise at/above 65mph (from side mirrors?). Not as solid on bumpy roads as Fords/Toyotas I've bought new...very disappointing to hear the occasional rattle.