2012 C350 Coupe
By oh2ny98 on
2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
My GMC 4WD Envoy was approaching 10 years and 125,000 miles and it was time for something different, much different! After months of research, a visit to the annual auto show, and many test drives later, I purchased this beauty! I was looking for the same thrill when getting behind the wheel that I experienced years ago with my 1999 RX-7. This car comes close - given that it's an automatic. It fits me like a glove, looks great, and drives like it's on a rail! Excellent build quality (except for a few rattles from the rear shelf deck) and a blast to drive, I'm always disappointed when I reach my destination! Would I buy it again after having driven it for 9,000 miles? You bet I would!
Favorite Features
The smooth and immediate response of the V6 - maneuvering around slower traffic on the highway is effortless and puts a smile on my face every time! And for those unanticipated moves of fellow drivers, this car's braking capacity is phenomenal! The Harman Kardon sound system is a must have and the Keyless Go is a pretty slick feature that I now must have in every car going forward. Same for the Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. But the Attention Assist is simply uncanny in its ability to detect drowsiness - the coffee cup and accompanying warning lit up within 2 minutes of my thought that it was time to pull over for a cup of coffee while on a 750 mile journey to NY. No kidding!
Suggested Improvements
While the rear view camera has no doubt kept my rear bumper scratch free when parking, it would be just as nice to have a front view camera. I'm sure it would have saved me $2,000 in damages (on 2 separate occasions) to the front bumper when parking, and right rocker panel and rear wheel when driving through my bank's automated deposit lane! Remember I drove a high-sitting SUV for 10 years prior and the view out of my Mercedes is quite a bit different and much more restrictive in parking lots and such.