C350 Coupe Hits the Mark ..... Almost
By linksman22 on
2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)
Ordered my C350 Coupe in November and took delivery in February 2012. I love my coupe and I have not seen another one in Dallas as they are pretty rare. I must say, lots of heads turn and take a look when I drive by. The overall build quality inside and out feels very solid. I tested both the C250 and C350 and the C350 is far superior in handling and performance. I would not have been happy with the C250. The performance quality is slightly lacking versus the 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe that I replaced, but the build quality feel and high end electronics make up for that shortfall. Biggest disapointment is the seats which differ from the sedan. They are very firm and uncomfortable.
Favorite Features
Interior is really nice and the materials are high-quality. Navigation, bluetooth, and stereo system interface is top notch and easy to use. A must have that is standard on the C350. To doors feel really solid and the keyless entry is really cool and a must have option. Acceleration in sport mode is great, but you have to give the computer system a couple of minutes to learn your driving patterns before it really gets into gear. (crazy technology) My first MB and it just feels kind of special. All-in-all a solid step up from my G35 Coupe when balancing all the puts and takes. Pure performance and seat comfort goes to Infiniti .. all else to MB.
Suggested Improvements
C350 Coupe seats are too firm and can be uncomfortable. They are also very narrow so be sure and pay attention during your test drive to make sure you fit well in the seats. I am 6'0 / 195 and it is a firm fit.
By lawman1967
on 06/07/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

The seats are sport seats, which is why they are firm. They are not narrow, rather they have firm side-bolsters, which make for better control during hard cornering.