2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
'12 C250 unidentified groan
By ppatterson on 03/09/13 10:29 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Hello: I have a '12 C250 luxury sedan with 12K miles. I occasionally hear a groaning sound that occurs intermittently. It's usually noticeable when the car is downshifting to a lower gear. I've taken it to the dealer twice. Though they've reproduced the sound, and not been able to positively identify it, they say that the car is operating "normally." I'm doubtful. Has anyone else experienced this. If so, what was it and how was it corrected. Thanks.

So far so good
By whchuang on 01/09/13 00:23 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Luxury 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

We used to own a 1993 300E 2.8 (the legendary W124) and really loves it. However the steering wheel was too heavy for my wife so we had to sell it and replaced with this 2012. The 2nd day of the ownership (new car with 15 miles) the SRS warning light went on for no reason. Dealer did a lot of diagnostic and couldn't find the problem. However, that problem later one just disappeared. I guess that again too many complicated electronics made the car less reliable. That said, after that incident, it's been about a year now and we didn't have any other trouble. The car drives great. Just wish that the build quality and reliability can be on par with the old school W124 though.. (sign)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*