Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Excellent Car
By philmar14

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I bought a CPO C250 black sport sedan with 9000 miles a year ago. This is an excellent car. Fun to drive and the 1.8 turbo charge engine has lots of power. I've done an extensive researched before I decided to buy this car. I'm impressed with all the options I got, Navigation that has directions you can read on your speedometer, Harmon Kardon speakers the best on the class, Bi-Xenon - lighting package, back up camera and 18" AMG wheels. This is a beauty inside/out.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Harmon Kardon Speakers, Bi-Xenon Light, 18" AMG wheel

Electrical Gremlins
By lawman1967

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Mercedes-Benz just bought back my 2012 C250 because of untraceable electrical issues. I do accept that this was just luck of the draw, a fluke, the random lemon, etc., and don't believe that my car was indicative of the model. I would have random electrical issues like non-functioning buttons, seat controls and warning lights, that would magically correct themselves the next morning. Dealer and even MB regional tried to identify the problem, but failed, ultimately just buying back my car. That said, the C250 was a blast to drive, smoother, more powerful and efficient than the C300 it replaced. Still highly recommended. I replaced my car with a certified 2011 C300.

Favorite Features

The smooth turbo 4. This engine is actually smoother and quieter in operation than the V6 it replaced. The updated electronics and entertainment package is also a delight, though perhaps it was the reason my car had so many electrical problems. My guess is that there was just some bad transistor in a memory chip somewhere (these cars are highly computerized) that caused all of the issues. The balance of ride and handling, as on previous W204 C class cars, is also about perfect for people who enjoy driving, but spend A LOT of time on the road. The 3 series is sportier, but nowhere near as comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Improve responsiveness at low RPM or when the turbo is off boost (twin-scroll or smaller turbo?). I used to own the 2005 C230 Kompressor and the supercharged engine in that car, while not as powerful as this one, had much better performance off the line.

Perfect mix of sportiness and luxury
By blaupunkt

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Just upgraded from a 2010 Acura TSX which is an amazing car, however my only complaints were that the 4 cyl offered too little torque (only 170 lbs/ft) some road noise and despite the handling was pretty good I had to battle between the FWD and its heavy nose while cornering. While looking for more torque I made the resdesigned C250 my choice. 201 HP, 229 lbs/ft torque, RWD and 7 speed blend decent performance and a quiet cruiser. This is not sluggish, it's fast enough for all around driving. It's not a performance machine like the 2012 328i, S60, Regal GS or G37, not as powerful as the TL but not boring as the A4's CVT tranny or the IS and CTS floaty ride. A perfect blend for me.

Favorite Features

The best interior in the segment, completely different than the 2011 C Class; surprisingly similar to the Mercedes E Class Excellent torque figures and powerband Superb handling and ride quality Interior lighting Very good acceleration Hold function in the brake pedal Premium fit and finish Turbo's vaccum cleaner sound Excellent fuel economy (Got 32 mpg highway) Adjustable front headrests

Suggested Improvements

Too little standard options: For example, no standard sunglass compartment or folding rear seats and options quickly inflate the price No handbrake, it's a footbrake that takes away leg room. Acura's climate controls are way better, this is the only feature that the interior redesigners forgot about Ridiculous cruise control lever placement Initial fasten seatbelt beep is so bothersome Hard gas pedal, you have to press stronger than regular cars which produces some gas pedal lag (time between actual kickdown and gear change) Trunk lid should be easier to close Though the engine is smooth it makes more noise than the new 3 series Seats should be more confortable

Solid upgrade
By lawman1967

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I just traded my 2009 C300 Sport in for the new 2012 C250 Sport. In many ways, I thought this would be a downgrade, but in fact there is only one aspect of performance that was better with the old V6, and that is responsiveness in high-speed passing. Everywhere else, the new turbo 4 with the new 7GTronic + transmission seems to do a better job of keeping the less powerful though torquier engine in the meat of its powerband. The exterior of the car is subtly improved, while the interior received a major makeover, not that anything was wrong with the old one. The new COMAND nav/stereo is incredible.

Favorite Features

NAV, sporty handling combined with luxurious ride (used to be impossible).

Suggested Improvements

Give us the automatic start/stop feature that this car has in Europe, or better yet, bring us the small diesel.

I love this car.
By solomonmorris1

2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C250 Sport 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I was hesitant at first about changing over from BMW after 16 years and giving up my inline 6 300hp twin turbo for a 4cylinder turbo because i thought it would be slow. Well I am very impressed with what I bought and it is black with grey/black interior with all the bells and whistles and I must say I will never go back to BMW.I am hooked on Mercedes Benz.The car exceeds all my expectations that I could have ever imagined and I totally agree with the last reviewer this car is amazing and the only thing I wanted on the car I did not get and that was the Zenon lighting package because there were only a few to go around to each dealer and I do not regret not having it now because I am loving it

Favorite Features

I love the navigation system something I have always wanted but but never bought because it made the price of my previous car increase. I love the sporty look of the car without all the extra metal that BMW uses and it looks lean and muscular . I love the fact that you can depress the brake pedal and the car will stay still and even on a hill or incline and it gives your foot a rest .I love that

Suggested Improvements

None really it is the best car I have ever driven...